COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Took long enough.

Wouldn’t have minded if it took another month.

1 Like

max edge

1 Like

Do you have any more contentful criticism?

1 Like

Yes: Everyone ITT gloating over the agonising deaths of other people needs to have a fucking word with themselves.

He killed other people. Purposefully. And he didnt have to die. That was his fucking choice.

Fuck him

10 Likes

All of that can be literally true (as opposed to maybe-sorta kinda defensible as a judgement, which I suspect is the case) and it doesn’t change the fact that bruiting a more protracted, more agonising death for faves on a message board is contemptible behaviour.

We are at war here in an existential crisis. Being nice to anti-vaxxers is just another form of Joe Manchin’s bipartisanship and needs to be consigned to a bin.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I have no sympathy for his death. I have empathy for the people who lost him, but he wasnt a good person. I dont hope that he suffered. But there is no harm saying that he made a concious choice to poasibly get this and die and his chickens came home to roost. Hopefully it leads to his listeners getting vaccinated.

1 Like

Refraining from salivating over their suffering is not “being nice to them”, it’s “not debasing yourself to no meaningful end”. You spend an awful lot of time behaving in ways that wildly overstate the potential impact of posting on this backwater forum. Your concerns are global etc. I don’t suffer from that particular delusion and I’d very much like you people to stop embarrassing yourselves like this.

1 Like

That’s all fine and very much removed from:

Some people get free furniture, and some people get Bubonic Plague.

1 Like

Sometimes, being unkind is called for.

And sometimes it serves no purpose whatsoever and makes you look like a pathetic tryhard. I wonder which of those two this is?

No one is in here salivating if these people get hit by a car, or die of cancer, or get murdered in a home invasion. What is compelling about these cases is that they are an appropriate consequence of their own choices. They’re a comeuppance for villainy, something people enjoy in, what would you say, something like 10% of stories ever recorded in human history (not to mention something that is astonishingly rare in human realities)? At this point in the pandemic, anti-vaxxers seeing their heroes and family members who “didn’t need the vaccine” getting got by exactly what they said they wouldn’t get is about the only thing that can change hearts and minds.

4 Likes

It seems at least theoretically possible the longer and more agonizing the death is, the more likely it is that some anti-vaxxer will be persuaded into getting vaxxed. Maybe another month of agony would have netted another 500 Sklansky vaccinations.

1 Like

Yep, that’s all true and great and entirely orthogonal to what I’m saying.

What changed in the past year Flynn? You seemed happy to celebrate Darwin Awards then.

1 Like

Hmmmm seems like something changed more recently.

1 Like

Cant think of any other reason for the increase in vaccinations recently.