COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

3 Likes

All the drive through testing sites here closed months ago.

FWIW I am pretty sure my boomer dad is pozzed. He got vaxxed as soon as he was able, and got suddenly ill yesterday. No fever, but a lot of body ache yesterday (he got tested at CVS last night but no result yet) and now heā€™s having short of breath just walking around his house. My aunt is probably about to take him to the hospital.

9 Likes

I signed up through something like ā€œproject baselineā€ (my daughter needed it, I more or less tagged along on both signing up and getting the test). I donā€™t recall what the form said about insurance if anything, but it wasnā€™t through my insurance (Kaiser). I donā€™t know if I would have to pay a second time. I guess it was the PCR test, but thatā€™s the more accurate one I think, but it took a few days to get the results.

Got kicked out of a bar for making fun of antivaxxers with someone next to me the other night. Bartender overheard and must be an anti-vaxxer because he straight booted me. Iā€™m friends with the owner of the bar. Probably wrong thread.

21 Likes

That is a terrible, terrible, graphic for the purpose it has. The worse outcome group looks way more well endowed. And there may be a bit of racial stereotyping going on too.

1 Like

My guess is they started out with both flesh colored, then decided they needed better representation and it went downhill from there.

Yikes, if heā€™s having trouble breathing sounds like he should definitely be taken to be seen by someone. Thereā€™s no urgent care option as an intermediate? Emergency Room is a shitty place to be right now given the covid spike. I mean depending on how bad it is they might just send him to the hospital anyway, but if heā€™s going to the hospital with a referral it still might be better then just walking into an ER.

More endowed but less erect

Lmao ā€œflesh coloredā€. Hmm what does that look like :thinking:

Japanese food tho

Afaik Walgreens is free and uses LabCorp which does regular PCR. 1-2 day turnaround. Probably CVS and other places too. All will ask for insurance, but not charge afaik. I have family members who have taken multiple tests and not been charged. LGB does PCR rapid tests with <6 hr turn around for $20.

Best graph ever

FYP

2 Likes

Should be free if you go to the right clinic

https://twitter.com/uche_blackstock/status/1421625767868473345

Seems like weā€™re chipping away at the ā€œwait and seeā€ little by little.

The others are a lost cause unless an immediate family member winds up in the hospital. And then maybe.

Didnā€™t the Coronavirus Relief Act make COVID testing free for pretty much everyone?

IANAL, but it feels like some law is not being followed here.

Delta might be going around but the Czech Republicā€™s still loosening restrictions.

I still have no idea why Czech Republicā€™s been mostly unfazed by delta compared to its neighbors. Sure, our reproduction rate was above 1 for the first 3 weeks of July but since then it hasnā€™t been. Germany is currently above 2.

CR is like the Ohio of Europe.

As another counterpoint to the media craze about EHRMEHGHERD VERURS IN UR NERZ

https://twitter.com/BillHanage/status/1421510732106059778

Yeah, vaccinated people can get it, and maybe spread it, but the viral loads fall off much, much faster. This is exactly what weā€™d expect.

3 Likes

From the same study, this is good news, too:

1 Like