COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Possibly vaccines work, but also possibly Covid was a scam all along. Think about it!

3 Likes

An Omaha Public School district program that partnered with the University of Nebraska Medical Center, OPS PROTECTS, reported that infection rates in schools involved in the first phase of the pilot program were two-and-a-half times higher for staff and almost six times higher for students than the data being reported through routine self-initiated tests and reporting.

https://twitter.com/rzeskey/status/1384847938107621379?s=21

4 Likes

That is quite the exponential curve.

They did real lockdowns and stuff the first time.

Legend has it a friend of a friend was driving a volkswagon van across country sometime in the early 70’s.

Pulled over by a cop who profiles him and knows to look in the hidden compartment under the driver’s (?) seat. There is a bag of crystallized lsd. The officer finger tests it without question.

Guy takes the cops weapons and leaves.

Looking back I hope that story was embellished or made up since the vast majority of humans don’t deserve that fate. Reminds me of the CIA and MK Ultra .

Got my first jab of Moderna yesterday. My left arm feels like I was on the losing end of an epic game of Slug Bug. Other than that, no issues.

16 Likes

LSD takes at least 30 minutes to kick in.

Wat

CrYstallized. I don’t know the math but I would estimate he, at minimum, dosed a couple thousand hits at once.

1 Like

Paper is here, I think:

A year after a Connecticut company was awarded almost $1.3 billion in federal loans and contracts to supply an essential syringe for the Covid-19 vaccine rollout, no syringes have been made. The syringe hasn’t received even the first of a series of approvals it needs from the federal government before it can be manufactured, and a factory promising 650 jobs remains unbuilt.

ApiJect Systems Corp. positioned itself as the company that would make the difference between a stumbling rollout and delivery of lifesaving vaccines. But as the U.S. vaccine rollout hits full stride, with about half of adults in the U.S. having already received at least one injection, the need for ApiJect’s device has waned, leaving the contracts and loans in question.

The company said in a statement to NBC News that it “is working with several vaccine pharmaceutical companies to conduct the testing and regulatory reviews of Covid-19 vaccines in the ApiJect syringe.”

This is really interesting, and it really boggles the mind that there isn’t much more of this kind of data being collected. I think the headline conclusions are not really justified though. There are two key charts:

This one shows two case rates. The dark bar is the rate of cases detected by the special tests among program participants, while the light bar is the rate for cases detected any other way among everyone at the school. Significantly, the staff were required to participate and almost all did, so the right chart basically just shows the rate of cases detected by two modes of detection. But a lot fewer students (10-20%) participated in the study,so the left chart shows the case rates between two different populations.
The supplemental materials have this chart though:

The chart on the left is basically consistent with the prior staff chart. I was initially surprised that such a high proportion of staff cases was detected by the program rather than by conventional reporting, since adults presumably are less prone to asymptomatic infection. However, it makes perfect sense when you remember that the whole reason testing is good is that it catches cases earlier. The regular PCR testing catches both asymptomatic and presymptomatic cases and keeps them from being first identified through conventional reporting.

The student chart is the more interesting one, and it seems inconsistent with the notion that 90% of cases are being missed by conventional methods.* What this chart is saying is that at all schools, the majority of cases were already being found by conventional means, and that weekly screening tests did not find a ton more cases.

AFAICT, the only way these two charts can be reconciled is if the population of students in the study is systematically different from the non-participants. Either an especially risky group self-selected into the program, or else the regular screenings created an illusion of safety that encouraged risky behavior. I don’t see how it’s reasonable to infer that asymptomatic testing would reveal 10x as many cases based on comparisons between two groups when the tests in the study caught fewer cases among the study group than conventional means.

* Actually, there are some suggestions in the paper that the testing for students was pretty slapdash, so it’s very plausible that a more rigorous testing program would produce a graph that looks like the staff graph.

1 Like

PFIZER RULES! MODERNA DROOLS! J&J IS FOR FOOLS! ASTRA ZENECA POOLS!

4 Likes

Yeah this is very scary. I am afraid India is going to be in the shit pretty hard and make everyone else look like pikers.

I hope not but all signs seem to point to it being wildly out of control. Given the realities of the country I dont think they are well prepared for this thing blowing up even further.

I hope I am wrong.

You got he e-dem vaccine. Sorry man.

9 Likes

I don’t grasp this story at all. Why did we need a brand new syringe to be developed for the vaccine? Why was this ever a thing?

2 Likes

Controlled testing with children is hard to do, and esp if you want to replicate an authentic classroom environment.

Looks like cases may have peaked there, 7 day average is coming down. Vaccinating our way out of this more effective than I would have thought possible a few weeks ago, thankfully.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find same graph for no. of tests performed? Which would aslo be expected to drop as vaccinated numbers increase. Would be rare for the UK variant to ‘disappear’