COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

I think most of the people who don’t think they’re qualified to make an informed independent decision are doing what they think their peers expect of them - and yeah “peers” and not really weighing their qualifications. To some degree anyway, though there are a fair amount of people for whom “my doctor recommended it” is sufficient.

1 Like

Lotta bad hombres gonna be running over the border soon.

Maybe Canada should build a wall.

1 Like

This should also be a boon to Canadian mental health, as many Canadians take national pride in having better health care than Americans and were despondent over lagging behind the US.

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1417207730406928385

1 Like

With 95% of the population fully vaccinated you’d expect there to be more fully vaccinated deaths than unvaccinated.

19 times as many FV as non V
Death rate non V is 10 times FV

So roughly twice the number of deaths among FV as non V

Maths is much quicker than drawing charts imo

Despite the delta mutation causing havoc in some problems, the reproduction rate of covid in the CR has dropped below 1. I mean we’ve got it here. Most of our cases are that. For some reason, it ain’t hitting us like other countries.

Even in Bulgaria where less than 10% of citizens are fully vaccined and nobody’s giving a shit about restrictions, the R is 0.97.

I’m calling that a micro-aggression.

1 Like

I’d call it clumsy borderline pico-aggression, which is why I editied :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now only you had used drugs Instead non V/FV

Dam fingers with edits… I blame the *********

Anyhow it’s all totally moot because nowhere near 95% of the UK population (which is what was being discussed) has been FV - it’s more like 55%.

95% of the adult population in the UK is more accurate I think… 55% of all the pop sounds correct though from the twitters.

No, 65% of the adult population.

ffs… I heard 95% :pensive: that’s so bad, no wonder people are losing it today on the radio.

Different folks learn differently. I was 17 years old when I learned other people didn’t “see” the numbers in their head.

A big part of my job and especially now as a consultant is to make the math of the work accessible to the non math brain. Surprisingly there are engineers out there without any number sense.

3 Likes

First paragraph is true. My MAGA father in law got vaccinated after 4 of his 6 kids got covid

The kids haven’t got the vaccine yet though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

31 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/uksciencechief/status/1417204235356213252

Now that makes more sense.

jfc Patrick, get yer shit together man.

1 Like

In protest #resigntucker

1 Like

Vaccines work. We have very high vaccination rates in the district. I believe as of a week ago over 80% have had at least one shot and more than 50% had both doses.

as of Monday, there were zero, confirmed, active cases of the virus in the district

There hasn’t been a new case of COVID-19 confirmed in the district since July 7

5 Likes