COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Theyre going to say they died from catching the vaccine.

1 Like

This one is hard to blame on Biden as anything he did is likely to make those not vaccinated less likely to get jabbed, not more. Republicans need to step up on this (LOL).

1 Like

Its pretty easy. The mainstream Republican line would be that Trump invented the vaccines that were defeating COVID and gave people money, but then sleepy Joe and the dirty foreigners fucked it up.

The crazies line will be the fake pandemic could be cured by whatever magic bean medicine of the day we have, but the people who want the Great Reset chipped everyone with DNA altering medication and the non vaxxers are catching it and getting ill (current line is that germ theory is fake and that everyone is just getting misdiagnosed radiation poisoning)

The media will present both viewpoints and say there is some merit to each.

It will be trivially easy to blame Biden if there is another wave.

It’s obv not Biden’s fault. America is full of dumbasses and we were never getting to full herd immunity through vaccinations alone.

1 Like

On a plane, woman comes down the aisle with a WORN BY FORCE NOT CHOICE mask. Rustled my jimmies.

1 Like

he needs to come out and lay it into those who didn’t vaccinate. call them unpatriotic. the right would.

Sure but this is guaranteed to have the opposite effect we want.

1 Like

maybe the first time, but if dems did propaganda more consistently, it would have an effect.

it’s just gotta be done. it used to patriotic to pay your taxes and get vaccinated. now, it’s not patriotic unless you are shedding sars-cov2 all over the gym.

Smash-the-Axis-Pay-your-Taxes

Things changed when the US became the Axis.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1407309021128925185?s=21

6 Likes

Gonna see similar one onesies soon.

Born by force, not by choice.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1407568114846416900

This is the kind of stuff I was thinking we might see this summer - super-spreader events in deep-red pockets in hot states.

2 Likes

How do we win a culture war with people this dumb without eventually using camps.

These thoughts are starting to worry me.

Times has a big ol’ story about Emily Oster that I’ll read when I get home. Here’s a link:

Page A10

Anyone here still waiting for shot #1?

Where are you in the COVID vaccine timeline?
  • Over 2 weeks since second shot.
  • Got second shot less than 2 weeks ago.
  • In between first and second shot.
  • Have appointment for first shot
  • Still waiting to be declared eligible

0 voters

Is it a “Sorry i was completely wrong about all that COVID stuff” op-ed?

Edit: it’s buried at the end of the puff piece, but I guess this is the best we’re gonna get:

There have been moments of pullback for Dr. Oster. In March, she apologized after writing in The Atlantic that unvaccinated children could be considered as protected against the virus this summer as vaccinated grandparents. “I didn’t stress that the situation is different for higher risk children, or emphasize the importance of equitable vaccine distribution,” she wrote in response to heavy criticism.

That woman has absolutely no expertise in public health yet was on all the “smart people” news outlets like NPR and The Daily speaking as some kind of authority. Note she loves going by “doctor” yet she is an economist. No thanks.

1 Like

Riverman, Oster offers DATA DRIVEN solutions. Maybe you’re just one of those “others” (trained virologists, etc.) throwing shade at her important findings. Many patents disagree!

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1407319995613331463?s=21

1 Like

“data-driven” pretty much always means “cherry-picked and any data I don’t like ignored” imo.

4 Likes

A mathematician, an accountant and an economist apply for the same job.

The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks “What do two plus two equal?” The mathematician replies “Four.” The interviewer asks “Four, exactly?” The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says “Yes, four, exactly.”

Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question “What do two plus two equal?” The accountant says “On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four.”

Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question “What do two plus two equal?” The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down next to the interviewer and says, “What do you want it to equal”?

One definitely should not assume that economists are being straight with you. I’ve never seen a group of people more willing to sell mathematical lies to the highest bidder.

6 Likes