COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Eriksen didn’t have COVID and was unvaccinated.

If this is confirmed, then these Erickson posts should be removed. Not that part about potential inflammation, just the soccer player part.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/eriksens-former-cardiologist-says-he-had-no-history-heart-concerns-2021-06-13/

This kind of science has basically never panned out in any meaningful way. Could this be significant now? Sure I guess, but I remain deeply skeptical.

We had a post-vaccine myocarditis in our ER that gets >70k visits per year last week.

sure but they regularly tested players throughout the season. Without a positive covid test, you can’t say it’s related to covid. What happened is a known thing that happens to a few athletes every year.

Color me skeptical on “oh yeah even though he never tested positive for COVID maybe it was COVID” but, regardless, what does that quote have to do with a vaccine causing heart inflammation?

The article itself isn’t disinformation and posting it seems fine, but the eriksen stuff is just not relevant to the vaccines.

How’s that working out?

5 Likes

Interesting. No idea how to confirm, dr opinions?

I don’t doubt that there are going to be some long term effects of the virus. Some of the symptoms of “long” Covid will turn out to have a clear physiological basis beyond the obvious lung damage stuff. I’m also certain that some things will remain nebulous and never scientifically associated-falling.

In my non scientific opinion, yes this will happen no doubt…

I’m posting these articles here in case anything relevant is in there that I’d miss as a layperson.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Here’s a sign I saw the other day:

“Masks required for anyone who is unvaccinated (except if medically unable to receive vaccine).”

Anyone else seen one of these (Edit: specifically the part in parentheses) ?

Something similar in a lot of places but zero enforcement it is all honor system

1 Like

Seen the “Masks required for anyone who is unvaccinated” all over the place.

The parenthetical is something I’ve never seen. And for good reason; it’s nonsensical.

1 Like

Yes at various times, but I unfortunately don’t have specific posts at my finger tips. COVID potentially affecting the heart isn’t new news, various studies on it have been discussed. The scariest study turned out to be less bad upon further work iirc. As CN points out, unlikely to be the case for Ericksen specifically as he was regularly tested so unlikely to have had undetected COVID.

Yeah, that’s the part I’m was meaning to ask about.

Even the part in parentheses?

Sub clinical infection just means asymptomatic or undetected. I guess I’m confused as to what you are asking about. There’s been lots of discussion for 15 months or so now about various aspects of asymptomatic infection including debates about whether asymptomatic carriers or people with mild COVID cases can have long term damage. A lot still TBD given the newness of the virus.

1 Like

Rarer but I’ve seen it in a couple of places. Not the exact language but something similar. They aren’t exactly checking documents at the door anyways.

Yeah, that’s one of the several reasons why it is so idiotic. This conversation is never happening:

Store Employee: I see you aren’t wearing a mask, are you vaccinated?
Customer: No
Store Employee: Well, do you have a medical condition that prevents you from being vaccinated.
Customer: Yes
Store Employee: Well, carry on then.

1 Like