COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

in b4 everyone starts arguing that the form of recreation they enjoy is the only acceptable form. “Well I only go camping, I can’t possibly fathom why someone would ever want to have more than 5 people within a square mile of them and eat anything that’s not cooked over a fire. Ugh.”

2 Likes

Yeah, it’d be pretty nice not to have young kids to worry about.

1 Like

That is a fair consideration.

Pretty much my entire local friend group have no kids.

Yeah, if no one in your household is unvaccinated, then catching an asymptomatic case is no big deal. But with them, then they are likely to get sick, and then we’re trying to WFH with no daycare for two weeks or more. We’d have to spend a bunch of time off.

1 Like

disney cruises with you have a 2-8 year old seems pretty awesome.

Only cruise I’ve ever been on was a disney cruise once. It was boring, the food was mostly bad (dinners were ok), but it was fun for the kids and it was an unprecedented amount of freedom for them. They were like 10 and 12 and they could stay out late and they give the kids tracking devices. My 19 yo is reading this and complaining about how rotten it was that she got cut off from the tween room and had to hang out with the screaming little kids.

If it was actually free food and alcohol I would be up for setting a course for adventure right now.

Well, free once you pay for the cruise. It’s nice to not have to beat yourself up over getting ANOTHER $18 frozen daiquiri when you’re at hour 6 of the pool.

Lots of people are not really looking for that.

Sure. I just find it hard to imagine enjoying a holiday surrounded by your own annoying compatriots. Most people I’ve known have used holidays to get a break from them.

Can you imagine being stuck on a boat full of Trumpers?

Booze is absolutely not free on cruises. All you can drink packages are a $50/day add on.

Depending on the cruise soda’s not even free.

I for one can imagine a bunch of Trumpers absolutely LOVING being stuck on a boat full of Trumpers.

Most tourists spend time around other tourists based exclusively on the places they go. Not much of a difference aside from not being able to escape from the boat.

I’m obviously out of sync with this. I went to Cuba with a friend and bumped into two girls who happened to live about 50 yards from me but mainly for that reason we made our excuses and went.

Just live somewhere with better compatriots, ez game.

2 Likes

At Trader Joe’s almost everyone still wore masks, so I left mine on. At Von’s almost no one wore masks. So I took mine off.

On a covid tent shift. Contemplating taking a nap. Haven’t had a patient for 3 hours. Rest of the ER is busy. Saw some nonsense that wasn’t covid earlier.

Suzzer’s mom: “And if your friend jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?!”

8 Likes

Speaking of travelling snafus, this concerns me as someone who got AZ:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2021/06/16/burn-in-the-usa-canadians-who-got-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-cant-see-springsteen-on-broadway.html

1 Like