COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

14 Likes

How fucking dumb do you need to be to jump on the first available cruise after a pandemic? My family goes on cruises. We like cruises. Itā€™ll be years before we go on one again.

There is absolutely no reason to think this right now in places with high vaccination rates.

7DMA of cases in the US hit a new low yesterday of 13,409, lowest since the start of reliable testing in the US by far. Day to day reporting is now choppy because states like FL are only reporting weekly, however there is no real sign yet that the caseload has bottomed out in the US.

Sounds like a great time to get good deals on cruises.

1 Like

And how many of those countries exist now? Four?

The cruise required that everyone onboard, staff, and guests, be vaccinated, and tested before boarding. The two who tested positive were vaccinated and are asymptomatic (the cases were caught because of mandatory testing prior to the end of the cruise). I wouldnā€™t get on a lol cruise ship anytime soon, but I donā€™t think these people took some terrible risk by, being fully vaccinated, and getting on a ship where literally everyone else was fully vaccinated and had a within 72 hours of boarding showing negative results.

4 Likes

Hopefully will increase in the near future with the pledge from the G7 countries to donate 1 billion doses this year. And I think the number is substantially higher than 4 now.

Surprisingly not. Pent up demand + cruise lines had to issue a ton of travel vouchers for cancelled cruises so they jacked up the rates to devalue the vouchers.

Well clearly they didnā€™t embark from Florida.

They did not. They embarked from St. Maarten. Florida has fucked itself. Forcing unvaccinated cruises is going to be an unworkable disaster. Thereā€™s going to be an outbreak on every cruise.

Anyone who goes on a cruiseā€¦

Also anthrax soft drinks are on sale.

Genius businessing. Didnā€™t know they could go out of business fasterer.

If covid were designed specifically to attack cruise ships, Iā€™d be for it

2 Likes

That cruise seems safer than just about any sort of vacation activity tbh. 2 people caught only by asymptomatic mandatory testing when everyone on the ship is vaccinated? Thatā€™s way better than pretty much any travel plan Iā€™ve seen in here.

On a side note, I donā€™t think anyone could make me roll my eyes more than the person with a BMI of 55 telling me she looked into the vaccine and doesnā€™t think itā€™s healthy. I can barely hear her lungs when I examine her sheā€™s so big. Not to fat shame, Iā€™m fluffy too, but ffs lady you ainā€™t some granola girl.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

Ehā€¦those would be compelling reasons to go to an outdoor concert or visit your Aunt in prison. Thereā€™s no way I would step foot on a cruise ship for the foreseeable future, regardless of precautions. This story is a good reminder as to why.

55 BMI? WTF? Even Andre the Giant ā€œonlyā€ had a 47.2 BMI

Like how does somebody that size wipe their ass?

stays on the cruiseā€¦

1 Like