COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

The only thing that will stop it from going forward is if the participating countries begin to pull out. Absent that, the Japanese gov is hell bent on seeing this public health disaster in the making through to the finish.

Even then, he was carried by Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce.

1 Like

Having the entire planet travel to a country with <10% of the people vaccinated to do sports sounds like the dumbest fucking idea ever, but here we are. é ‘å¼µć£ć¦ 恏恠恕恄ļ¼

2 Likes

I have seen a few restaurants that specifically list it as a standard option (they usually call it something cheeky like ā€œthe hereticā€), but I also know people that custom order it that way at places that let you build your own burgers. I would guess that most places that offer both a bacon cheeseburger and an Impossible Burger would throw bacon on the Impossible Burger if you asked (probably with an upcharge for the bacon).

1 Like

Lol I sleep perfectly fine at night dude. Iā€™m fine with myself. You seem to be the one casting judgment on a huge group of people itt. I donā€™t really see how you can distance yourself from that.

1 Like

I can live with opening things up so long as hospitals are not under risk of being overrun and we have some accommodation for people who want to be more cautious.

1 Like

ā€œevolveā€ is different than the genetic shift that flu routinely does. I canā€™t think of another single virus that does it as often as flu.

I donā€™t know how you can square this:

Iā€™m not going to take responsibility for you projecting my judgment on your character. Saying you are acting selfishly is objectively true. There is no other way to slice it. I donā€™t think you are a terrible person for that, but I donā€™t really see how you defend it as anything else when you say you are done caring about the impact of your actions on others. That is the definition. The judgment you feel is internal.

with this:

Oh my god, what if I dare judge someone here? JFC, man. You are judging me right now for daring to call you out. Get a grip. I donā€™t care that you are calling me out for being judgmental, because I am. And?

At this point itā€™s just gaslighting bullshit.

One final thing Iā€™ll say - my actions are not affecting anyone else. This is just fact. My following CDC recommendation is not a reflection on my character or selfishness whatsoever. I realize that and am completely fine with it. What I am confused about is you charging in here acting like youā€™re better than anyone, and then being mystified that the reaction is what it is. I mean, wtf?

I will forget about this in a week and hope you do too.

Johnny, could you please step away from the forum or something for a little while? Your dozens of posts worth of back-and-forths with multiple posters has totally wrecked this thread for a couple days now.

3 Likes

Its pretty crazy we are going to have another spike despite having enough vaccine doses available for everyone

Iā€™m sorry but vaccinated people wearing masks or not changing risks in any meaningfully way is not remotely proven one way or the other. Like you might be right. But people smarter at science than me seem to think you arenā€™t.

Again I fundamentally agree exercising more caution as a whole is best. But none of us have any way to enact that. Itā€™s pure fantasy here.

We agree except I donā€™t think vaccinated people unmasking when roughly 100% of un-vaxed are unmasked matters at all.

The CDC decision was dumb for the reasons you say. We agree there.

Re: Wichita post

I donā€™t think I agree with that. I think thatā€™s true in red states, I donā€™t think it is true in states that just mass accelerated mask mandate endings.

Like here in MA we have a high vaccination rate and the grumblers still wore masks inside. Now you go to the comment section of the news sites and it is ā€œbusinesses are going to have to choose, end masks or I go elsewhereā€ and vice versa. It certainly kills any plans I have to take my kids anywhere that ends masking.

1 Like

I may not be articulating my views real well but I am guessing you wonā€™t have any places to take your kids pretty soon. Thatā€™s why the CDC rec sucks and I agree with Johnny on that. The vaxed wonā€™t need to mask and the covid deniers definitely wont. This is the end of masking within a month everywhere most likely. Blue and red states.

Yeah thatā€™s sort of the point, I donā€™t disagree.

I donā€™t really have a problem with anything anyone in this thread is doing, so donā€™t take it as a personal attack on you or anyone else, but the collective response just shows once again that the USA is a nation of assholes and itā€™s rooted much deeper than just the Trumpsters.

3 Likes

Masks are really just a temporary vaccine.

Dude fuck you and this entire post. Seriously. No one here is doing or saying that.

Re: hospital workers. All my friends are RNs/MDā€™s/PAā€™s. They have been vaccinated since december and wear full protective gear when dealing with covid patients. They are fine. Their incidence of infection is practically zero. Donā€™t believe me? Here you go:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2101927

This is just for testing positive. No one pozzing is getting very sick.

Throw out all the strawmen you want but nothing changes the fact that youā€™re just plain wrong and should take a break. The fact you think you can just come in here and suggest idgaf about healthcare workers because of some reasons you conjured up in your head really pisses me off.

The subset of unvaccinated people who are not wearing masks solely because of the cdc mandate and were wearing one before is a null set. This is the entire assumption being made here, that there is some unknown (and completely unstated) number of people who were not masked before, unvaxxed, who are suddenly like oh NOW i can run around unmasked and no one can yell at me for it!

They were already fucking doing it. All of them.

2 Likes

fuck em lazy ass crybabies anyways