COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Lazy cowardice by politicians seems to be a fitting description.

Lol at him making that bet in March.

1 Like

I don’t think this is right at all. I think if this was the same rate, but killing white children, there would have been a much different response. Don’t think killing a few more grandmas would have made a difference at all.

Then again, I don’t know, maybe the South African variant will combine with the Indian variant and Malaria to kill us all in December and he’ll have the last laugh.

1 Like

Not really America’s thing these days.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1394414845869666307

3 Likes

Or just have restrictions directly tied to % of the population vaccinated so there’s clear targets and an incentive to hit them.

2 Likes

feels like a big thing people are missing is that if the CDC’s decision feels political, that it was the trump administration that politicized the CDC to begin with. If not for the complete dismantling of our government’s ability to like, govern, we would obviously not be here.

I don’t understand maligning the CDC for what it’s doing now when a large portion of this is directly blamable on trump. I really don’t. This wouldn’t even be a political issue if not for trump. We wouldn’t be in this situation if literally any other person had been president in 2019 (cough hillary cough). But here we are. The CDC is way late to the party; this train was well under way already.

Sir this is a Merica.

6 Likes

Also it’s a lock the next one will be fought by this guy:bedde69a7dcc28c6b304c5f61123c9bd

1 Like

Some good news about the Pfizer vaccine. Would this apply to other similar types?

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said that once the vaccines thawed, unopened vials could be kept in the fridge for up to a month.

The current limit is just five days.

3 Likes

US 7dma down to 32k. Also the rate of decrease continues to increase, 14dma rate of decrease up to 35 percent.

2 Likes

Yeah Michigan was doing this with restrictions removed at 70% but we were unlikely to ever get there due to so many antivaxxers. Then after the CDC guidelines came out they just threw in the towel.

Of course this is true. Everyone who was around for COVID-19 and also the “next pandemic” survived COVID, ergo it wasn’t so bad and everyone overreacted.

It’s like when the hurricane DOESN’T wipe out the entire area, obviously don’t bother evacuating next time because “the weatherman always gets it wrong!”.

1 Like

The Onion with a right-wing twist, eh?

It’s always astounding that deplorables assume that anything that doesn’t confirm their world view is automatically leftist propaganda. The Onion has clearly taken shots at both sides but is still seen as leftist despite it.

Babylon Bee is less funny because there’s no subtlety and there is a clear political bent while The Onion is willing to be funny without bending politically. Not their fault that the right is easier to make fun of than the left.

2 Likes

I think this is generally true, and its why you can’t rely on what is essentially consumer choice to fight big problems.

Yup

1 Like

Am I meant to feel sorry for these people?

1 Like

It’s brainless. It’s not hard to book a hotel speculatively on booking.com with a small premium for free cancellation and see what happens (we’ve cancelled twice during covid now), but these people seem to think they’re entitled to refunds without paying the extra lol.

I may not necessarily feel sorry for those people but fuck any travel company that refuses to offer refunds to anyone who wanted to travel but ultimately decides not to due to constantly changing and unpredictable COVID restrictions in this environment. Honestly fuck the whole travel the industry in general that’s notorious for gouging people and constantly imposing large up front fees with shitty cancellation policies.

“Government advice on amber destinations is not legislation and whilst we empathise with those that may now choose not to travel due to the entry requirements they face upon return to the UK, we cannot provide them with a refund or credit for monies paid and they should seek compensation from their travel insurance provider.”

Yes, yes you can. You just give them the refund and they don’t travel. It’s fucking easy.

2 Likes