COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

I don’t think anyone had much for those people. The sympathy is for those who can’t get vaxxed.

3 Likes

I’m surprised to see @Trolly raw dogging :open_mouth:

Come on, dude. He’s clearly not serious. I don’t know how much more obvious he could have made it.

2 Likes

Harsh but fair.

I’m in the camp of masks are awesome and I look forward to being able to wear a mask without it being weird. Forget COVID, there is also sorts of other stuff I’m not gonna be catching too. Even common colds knock me the fuck out. Less chance of colds, flu, pneumonia, etc. Sign me up. If it’s just a surgical mask, I don’t even notice I have it on. There is basically zero discomfort.

5 Likes

Certainly if the employees of an establishment are wearing a mask, so will I. If I am going to be around people and they are wearing a mask, so will I. Ultimately it’ll be about trying to be nice and respectful to others.

Obviously if shit blows up or new information/conditions are encountered, I’ll adjust.

1 Like

Remember my story about raw dogging it up at a restaurant with all raw dogging staff 2 weeks ago or so? Well it might not have been there but I got a monster sinus infection that has been working at ruining the last two weeks of my life. Probably viral. On steroids and antibiotics now and feel mostly better but felt like shit starting a few days after that.

I guess it makes me thinks masks are good for more than Covid but zero chance that is our reality going forward. I haven’t hardly had as much as a cold for over a year and now this.

4 Likes

206 new cases today in Taiwan, up from 180 yesterday. It may sound like nothing but people are very scared here.

https://twitter.com/get9_/status/1393587485414920193?s=20

1 Like

Seriously kick him TFO of the country. If I ran into a gaijin like that in Japan I’d probably rage attack him even while the Japanese would be too polite to do or say anything.

1 Like

I’m pretty much there as well. I do have a concern about variants but it’s more a general worry than the sky is falling.

I will be in line ASAP when the variant booster shots come out.

Other than that, I have a scientific curiosity about wha this going to happen as we open back up fully. I don’t think it’s the right plan but it’s pretty clear what is going to happen. More than happy to be part of the vaccinated control group.

3 Likes

Emojis.

This is the 21st century brah

Goddamn. It takes a handful of fuckers like him to make every foreigner look like shit in East Asia.

1 Like

My wife and I have decided to continue to wear masks to model the behavior for our 9 year old daughter. Once she is vaxxed we’ll likely lose the masks.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1393589495707193345

2 Likes

For the right, any occasion is a good occasion to be transphobic.

3 Likes
If you lived in a place with these stores and no state/local mask mandate, how would you react this story?
  • More likely to shop at one of these stores
  • Less likely to shop at one of these stores
  • Remain just as likely to shop at these stores
  • LOL, curbside pickup or delivery FTW
  • I would never shop at any of these stores anyways
  • Not sure / Don’t know
0 voters

even for the right that is outstandingly pathetic.

Its amazing to me that so many people are not just ignorant, bit are so proud of it.

If this happened in Singapore this motherfucker would get flogged right?

According to the minutes of a meeting last Tuesday of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group on Emergencies (Sage), advisers believe the transmission of B.1.617.2, as the Indian variant is known, “is currently faster than that of the B.1.1.7 variant” – the Kent variant. Cases are doubling in a week or less in some areas, Sage reported.

They said that it was … “highly likely that this variant is more transmissible than B.1.1.7, and it is a realistic possibility that it is as much as 50% more transmissible.”

“New, very early data” from Oxford University gave confidence that the vaccines in use in the UK – Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna – do confer protection against it. As a result, the planned next step of reopening society can safely go ahead on Monday, he believes.

John Bell, the regius professor of medicine at Oxford, is similarly upbeat. He told Times Radio this weekend: “In terms of severe disease, hospital admissions and death, I think the vaccinated population are going to be fine and we just need to pump our way through this.”

But Dr Kit Yates, a member of Independent Sage, cautioned: “Vaccines do not work 100%. If Covid is allowed to circulate at high levels among the unvaccinated population, there will still be a small proportion of vaccinated people who may get the disease and become severely ill.”