COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

But the people wearing masks didn’t all do it by choice and it could impact performance. Seems like they either do that or let all those who went go again and keep their best score. Doubt that would be well received.

1 Like

It’s a sports competition, a level playing field should take precedence.

1 Like

Yes. I understand that, but since I am vaccinated and hate wearing it while bowling, I was hoping they’d think of it differently. Players like me who wear glasses have an issue of fogging lenses that other players don’t have, but I guess you can only split so many hairs. It raises a question though of what they would do if another pandemic breaks out mid-tourney and the guidance suddenly suggests masks. I think they’d overlook the unfairness issues in that case.

If the CDC says not wearing a mask is fine then that’s good enough for me. I will wear one where required but am pretty much done wearing one otherwise.

I really enjoyed not being sick at all for the past year except for like an instance of maybe food poisoning. I plan on masking indoors in situations where I’m not actively eating for the rest of my life.

2 Likes

Having a beer in an outdoor cafe for the first time since this all began. Still not gonna be eating inside for a while.

13 Likes

This is a good article for anyone concerned about some of the variant fearmongering earlier ITT:

Basically, in the highly vaccinated countries so far, the vaccines are effectively knocking down all the variants.

This post cdc guidance period is going to be a pain. Already yesterday The two places I went which both claimed to still require masks probably had compliance down to 50% including some employees not wearing them.

Poll needs “I’m still going to use curbside like a boss.”

1 Like

Masking in the grocery store is going to depend on local case load and social custom. If daily cases get down about 10 fold from where they are, then I’ll mimic the average customer.

2 Likes

I am in Germany where masks are still mandated, so I am not sure whether I should have taken part in the poll.
I think one thing this whole pandemic has shown is the power of peer pressure. I started masking in the grocery store in March 2020 and felt uncomfortable because I got a lot of funny looks. A year later I rarely even see people wearing masks „nasal nudists“ style while shopping. I am pretty sure if vaccinated people keep their masks on (no matter whether mandated or not), mask compliance with unvaccinated people is going to be a lot better.

1 Like

I’m too lazy to look it up, but does the CDC guidance address anyone who had COVID but no vaccine?

Well done, well swerved.

Must have been a canny mixture of well observed social distancing and mask mandates combined with advanced genomics surveilance, increased testing and track and trace technoclogy - pls be sure to pass on the findings

The older clerks at Publix weren’t wearing their masks today. Younger ones were. The vaccinated employees are now allowed to dispense with the mask wearing. I feel really happy for them.

Wtf are you even trying to say?

2 Likes

One shot down for the twelve year old. So I guess that means we’re five weeks away from being a fully vaccinated family.

18 Likes

Your 12-year-old is a future star I hope you already bagged the client.

1 Like

went into a store yesterday over in LOL mask land.

immediately heard we don’t have to wear masks anymore and maybe half were. Zero employees were wearing (dunno if they were vax’d or not, I didn’t care to ask).

Burn their house to the ground. Bar the exits first.

1 Like

Tbh I’m starting to not really have much sympathy or care what happens to morons who won’t get vaxed. The negative outcomes for vaxed people seem very low to me.

2 Likes