COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

If you publicize this facet of vaccines, it will draw a certain crowd.

1 Like

I generally don’t mind your edgelording…but not funny here bro

I went to a health centre & the building next door is part of the sports complex and they have that open for the vaccination, it’s as big as 4 basketball courts and had a total of 1 receptionist, 8 doctors administrating the jabs and 4 other staff directing people in and out…

There was 6 people waiting the 15 mins including me & no checks whatsoever, I was masked the whole time and actually only waited around 12 minutes before leaving. :grin:

3 Likes

The Taiwan government announced 180 new cases today up from 29 the day before. There have been about 1500 cases total in Taiwan so this is a huge deal.

Taipei is pretty much shut down.

Because of how few cases there have been here only a tiny percentage of people have been vaccinated.

Sucks for me because my only source of income involves going to baseball and basketball games which are of course now all played behind closed doors.

https://bowl.com/News/NewsDetails.aspx?id=23622335719

Okay, I’m bowling in the USBC Open in three weeks. Its a two-day event for each player, but its held over a 2 and a half month period because there are so many players. Admittedly, I am biased on this issue, so I’m asking if you think this is the right solution. They’re saying since bowlers in the first two weeks had to wear a mask, everyone has to for the rest of the tournament. My counter-argument would be that several bowlers wearing wrist supports or knee braces doesn’t mean all of us have to wear them.

Requiring masks at a bowling event being attended by bowlers throughout the country seems like very good policy.

3 Likes

I don’t think it matters much, but I don’t like the analogy. People wear wrist supports because it helps them. They wore masks because they were required.

If they mandated a wrist support for the early bowlers I would expect them to continue that for the duration.

1 Like

Yes. Totally agree. But there’s a reward of being able to drop your mask after being fully vaccinated. That reward is being ignored for the sake of maintaining a “level playing field”.

Seems fair.

Either it’s an impediment (in which case everyone is impacted equally) or it’s not (in which case it doesn’t matter).

Rules for sports/games should basically never be changed in the middle of a competition (especially when some players have finished and others haven’t started).

4 Likes

It’s both fairer and safer to continue to require masks for all, counterpoint is it helps you specifically as a “reward” for doing something you wanted to anyway. Yeah, zero grounds for complaining, imo. Act like you were one of the scientists that developed the vaccine, reward, lol.

2 Likes

Went inside a McDonald’s this morning for the first time in14 months. Truly the dawn of a new day.

10 Likes

At my gym now. Was surprised to see maskless employees standing around when I walked in. Apparently it’s now Your Choice. They aren’t taking temperatures anymore either.

1 Like

This is an excellent point because people tend to think of having Covid as “binary”, either you have it or you don’t. But it’s not, and the vaccines just strengthen your immune system to fight it off. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if viral load increases to levels that are detectable with testing before your vaccine-induced antibodies & t-cells clear the infection. That doesn’t mean viral load increased to the level where you are highly infectious, or even infectious at all. The fact that this occurred with a sports team that tests incredibly regularly should not be surprising. The fact that they were nearly all asymptomatic is incredibly good news.

Either wearing masks affects player, so it is a fair requirement that levels the playing field, or wearing masks does not affect players, so it should not be a burden.

4 Likes

US 7dma now down to it’s lowest level since June 25th, blowing past the September lows achieved after the late summer southern peak. Rate of decrease also continues to increase, now up to a 32 percent week over week reduction, up from 29 percent last week.

3 Likes

No, it could also not affect your play but be annoying.

1 Like
If your local grocery store no longer requires masks
  • I am fully vaccinated and will wear a mask.
  • I am fully vaccinated and will not wear a mask.
  • I am partially vaccinated and will wear a mask.
  • I am partially vaccinated and will not wear a mask.
  • I am not vaccinated and will wear a mask.
  • I am not vaccinated and will not wear a mask.
  • It depends on how many other people are wearing masks.
  • Not sure / Don’t know

0 voters

Seems like some people here might be mad if you still wear a mask while vaxxed.

1 Like

If I’m in there alone I’d probably go unmasked, but if there are a bunch of people around me masked I’ll probably just wear a mask, assuming it will make them feel more comfortable. Basically the same thing I just did at the gym–there were a high percentage of people still masked so I kept mine on as well.

BUT MASKS HURT SO MUCH. I THINK THEY CAUSE BRAIN DANAGE SNF HEROES

1 Like