COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Deviating from the proven effective schedule was always fucking stupid and remains so.

2 Likes

wrong again…

Why does the Indian variant pose a threat?

Why could the Indian variant be a problem when the vaccination programme is doing so well?

The issue is we are only part way through even though those most at risk have been prioritised.

There is still debate about how transmissible the new variant is.

But modelling by the University of Warwick has estimated a 30%-40% more transmissible variant, combined with relaxing restrictions in May and June, could lead to more hospital admissions than in the first wave.

It would be a very different situation if we were in the autumn when overall levels of immunity would be making it harder for the virus to spread.

Instead we are in the delicate phase where restrictions are being eased as the vaccine is taking over the burden of suppressing the virus.

One option being considered is closing the gap between the first and second doses.

This would give vulnerable people, who have already been offered their first jab, extra protection more quickly.

However, there could be a trade-off as studies suggest the current 12-week gap between doses leads to a better immune response than the originally planned three-week gap.

US is still on what 150x more daily deaths than the UK with same rate of vaccination?

emphasis mine:

Yesterday, the CDC announced that fully vaccinated Americans can stop wearing masks in most indoor and outdoor places. The new guidelines still advise the fully vaccinated to mask up when entering certain public areas, such as doctor’s offices.

This is a moment to celebrate. It is not quite the pandemic’s equivalent of V-E Day; after all, thousands of people are still dying around the world each day from a virus that, far from surrendering, may be endemic. But it could be the closest we get to a formal announcement from the federal government that, after months of death and sacrifice and ingenuity, something has been won. Call it normalcy.

AFTER ALL

1 Like

Gonna need you to show your work for this one. Preferably adjusted for population, but that might make your statement seem too incorrect even for you.

1 Like

humanity is getting tired of all this winning

3 Likes

UK population 66m.

Are you gonna waste my time requesting I post the US graphs?

https://mobile.twitter.com/YvetteCooperMP/status/1393220512139128840

https://mobile.twitter.com/YvetteCooperMP/status/1393220513812602880

Who even fucking cares. Jesus, pointing at the death toll like it’s a scoreboard is the dumbest shit ever.

2 Likes

Your post is a mixture of irrelevant nonsense and mistakes.

2 Likes

Well you waste all of our time with your fake news nonsense every day, so yes. Here’s a hint: you’re orders of magnitude off on your 150x claim.

2 Likes

You’re 100% right. I’m sorry for engaging him. A few days ago I suggested he be ignored by everyone on here. Should take my own advice.

2 Likes

Sorry, yes 78x the death of the UK (11 vs 780)

I think you have 5.5x the UK population so should have say 60 deaths - so say 12x per capita with that so much more effective vaccine campaign of the US’ - hoorah

Cool, so in your condescending cockiness you were a mere 1,250% wrong.

7 Likes

The difference is nobody has died from wearing a mask. I mean, maybe one person has accidentally inhaled the mask and choked on it but I’m guessing that’s an upper bound.

Your analogy would hold if like 1 in 10000 masks were dipped in a deadly neurotoxin. Lol that’d be sick. It’s cool though, I heard a vaccine side-effect is it makes people super good at analogies so you’re in luck.

Nvm, that’s the good shit, right into my veins. Over a year on and I still don’t understand why people didn’t and won’t exercise outside.

4 Likes

Reminds me of an old joke:

Q: What do you call {REDACTED}

A: A good start!

1 Like

That settles it. I’m moving to Mongolia.

Scoreboarding the deaths of innocent folks, even if they don’t live in your particular little chunk of earth inside the imaginary lines, is a new low for this thread. That’s some truly deplorable stuff right there, for shame.

1 Like

I can’t lift outside, though I’ll grant you that masks are not that annoying for lifting. I did/do cardio outside but many here would’ve wanted me wearing a mask for that too. Also in the winter it gets cold, or snows. Sometimes it’s raining. Etc.

No kidding. 6ix, do you even lift bro?

4 Likes