COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Don’t worry about children. It’s much more important that adults don’t have to wear masks because it is such a big fucking deal.

3 Likes

If it went undetected seems like it wasn’t too much to worry about lol. The thing is less deadly to kids than various other things we don’t give a fuck about, there is no need to drag the precautions or school closings out once the adults are vaxxed.

1 Like

Feeling pretty conflicted about the CDC mask guidance. On one hand this is basically the case I was making last week. It isn’t getting better than being full vaxed and we aren’t wearing masks forever. On the other hand it puts me in a fairly hard spot at work and other places. I’d like non-vaxed clients to still mask at my office but it does not seem like there is any way to do that. I guess I could require everyone to mask for life but that seems silly.

Like 200 children have died from COVID. In the entire United States. If you weren’t wearing masks all the time to prevent the ~200/yr child flu deaths then spare me the self-righteous crap.

1 Like

What we should do is have given people bracelets when they get vaccinated and then left those people not wear masks…

“About 1.3% of children with a known case of COVID-19 have been hospitalized”

Sounds not good.

2 Likes

No masks indoors or out for vaccinated in America.

I know that’s supposed to be an incentive to encourage people to get vaccinated but all it’ll do is make everybody lie about getting vaccinated in order to not wear them.

Along with who they voted for, it’s another thing white people will lie about around black people.

it will also convince the hesitant that covid is over so they don’t have to worry about the jab anymore.

Currently being debated at my 10 person company. We tried to get out of our lease last year, but no dice. So we shave an empty office for which we’re paying rent every month. But obviously everybody is very used to working from home. One of my business partners is very “we’re paying for the offices, we’re paying salaries, I want people at their desks”. Personally, I like not going in every day. I don’t have a strong read on how it impacts productivity because the last year has been so screwy. Not sure what’ll end up happening.

1 Like

Not really. I think there is a lot of bullshit out there (“The preliminary numbers also indicated that having ED also increased men’s susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 infection. Men with ED are more than five times more likely to have COVID-19.” Yeah, this makes sense, definitely causation there…) and little to no appetite for vaccinated people masking up for another year just because in theory it’s possible that there is some terrible long-term effect in children with asymptomatic cases.

It sort of is what it is at this point. Hopefully things are as optimistic as they seem, Im not on team variant panic. That said if we end up with bad luck/ new variant issues/long-term effects from this and/or end up in lockdowns again while we have to reformulate the vaccines, I really dont want to hear any moaning or crying from anyone in the US about how unlucky it is or how this is some force outside our control. We will have 100% earned all of it. No Trump to blame this time either, we will collectively have earned it.

Everyone just has to accept that everyone they see is “vaccinated” and Covid has been defeated. White Boy Summer incoming.

2 Likes

If one good thing can come from this, it’s the proof that a ridiculously large number of jobs can be done from home without any loss in productivity. Fewer commuters, lower property prices due to closing offices, reduced pollution and less stress would be huge benefits of WFH.

1 Like

Although I’m still requiring masking with every patient, I realize that I will probably soon begin offering mask-free visits to patients who’ve been vaxxed.

I assume once I’m comfortable being maskless I’m going to have to take the attitude that it’s OFB now and adults who aren’t vaxxed in the US are dumbasses who may die and oh well.

1 Like

We can’t wear masks forever!

What about until the end of the year when kids get vaccinated?

That’s still too long.

3 Likes

My favorite stories are ones that get a chuckle and a tear. 5 stars.

2 Likes

Why can’t you wear masks if that’s what it takes to protect the vulnerable?

People in the Far East have been habitually wearing them for years without making such an enormous great whining spoilt bastard entitled USA#192 fuss about it.

5 Likes

I booked it online. I looked liked there was two blocks of appointments to choose from in my area, one block of appointment slots in May that was all booked up and another block of appointment slots in June that was available. I selected the June appointment block and it brought me to a page where I could select a day and time. From what I could tell all those appointment slots were open and I could basically choose any day and anytime I wanted starting June 7th. I think they started to book those slots just today.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you are right and I could get an earlier slot by phoning but I’m not going to go through with hassle of rescheduling now that I actually have an appointment. Plus I really, really hate talking on the phone. :rofl:

1 Like

There is both a website and a phone number in Ontario. Today they increased the eligibility but didn’t update the website until mid morning, I tried calling but got stuck on hold.

1 Like

Most of that shit we aren’t going to know ever. It doesn’t matter. Sure it’s possible little Timmy is going to have ED or be a 5G hotspot in 10 years because of his asymptomatic COVID case but it’s super unlikely. You sound like the anti-vaxxers who don’t want to take the new mRNA vaccines because we don’t know what the long term effects are.