COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

They have been overly conservative for months about vaccinated individuals (IMO). This seems like a giant step forward. Hopefully it gives the reasonable unvaccinated the final push to get vaccinated. The rest will be what they always were on track to be… a cancer to society.

The issue is it isnt actually an end of masking for the vaccinated mandate, its just an end of masking mandate. Businesses arent going to be checking vaccination cards at the door and the anti-vaxxers are simply not going to comply. In practice likely just going to be local governance/social custom for how much masking there is, and maybe would have gone the same way regardless of CDC guidance, but wearing a mask indoors is literally the least cost NPI. Im not on the variant panic train, but just seems stupid to push so hard to get rid of indoor masks. The cost is so low, there’s still a fair amount of community spread, the young are still unvaccinated, and we’re still getting data on the vaccinated.

3 Likes

My arm hurt almost immediately after the second shot. Not sure about known exercises to limit effects.

1 Like

No, Czech Republic is a tin pot town that just reports what the BBC is reporting - like CR have ever tracked a variant in their population

I had a fairly sore shoulder, sore enough that it was pretty painful to wash my hair in the shower, about 24 hours after my first shot. By the end of the day it was basically gone and I didn’t notice any other effects.

So far nothing to report for shot two. Got my Tylenol and Gatorade ready just in case though!

2 Likes

I’m having a guilt trip about going to Vegas, but not stopping in Reno before to see my parents. They still aren’t vaccinated with what seems like no motive to. Do we have any significant data about the possibility of vaccinated to unvaccinated transfer?

I want to see some Crossfit weirdos try to do 100 terrible pull ups after getting vaccinated.

2 Likes

I haven’t ruled out the possibility that the deplorables will start wearing masks to defy the CDC guidance allowing for the removal of masks for vaccinated people in many situations.

1 Like

I became eligible for Moderna/Pfizer today and managed to book an appointment in 3 weeks. :smiley:

22 Likes

Yep, anti maskers are just gonna claim to be vaccinated and so no more masks for anyone.

This also means no more working from home right? My friend in Tampa is worried the law firm she works for in San Fran will be calling her home now :/

Same here I’m booked for first week of June.

9 Likes

Corporations are starting to push for a return to the office. The CEO of WeWork (lol) had a big missive yesterday about how we all need to be back in the office. The lawyers Ive talked to are trying to at least foot drag it out for the summer, but by Labor Day office work is going to ramp up. Should be some fun commutes with public transit ridership down heavily.

1 Like

In the GTA the bookings are too regional IMO. Downtown Toronto is separate from York Region and Peel, the booking systems made it seem like you couldn’t book in, say, York if you lived in the city of Toronto. But there were hundreds of slots available in York this week but nothing until June in Toronto. They’re just creating surpluses in one region and shortages in others by directing people to book only in their region.

No, but his gimmick Dubcek is.

1 Like

How many young kids have actually gotten severely ill or died from COVID?

Died, not many, like the flu for deaths if not less deadly. Long-term effects of the virus :man_shrugging: hope there arent many I guess.

RIP masks, congrats to the USA for defeating Covid

2 Likes

Defeated COVID for the 100th time, USA#1 per usual

Yup, USA is at least 37-0 against Covid at this point.

1 Like