COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Yeah, this. Churchill repeatedly and continuously posts articles from the BBC that don’t at all say the thing that he is saying, and in some cases, say the exact opposite thing that he is saying.

1 Like

A someone fluent in English (UK) I can guarantee you I can do more than understand the way in which the BBC report what the government are finding, before the government report what they have found.

Giving you the benfit of the doubt, I think you may get lost in your English (UK) to English (US) translation.

2 Likes

man nothing better than obvious grammar errors while talking down to other people’s understanding of English

Man, nothing better than obvious grammar errors whilst talking down to other people’s understanding of English

I’m not shitting on anyone else’s understanding of English in that post churchill.

I’m not belittling peeps claiming they don’t understand what they read, whereas that would seem your’s and Jman’s new method of trolling

correct

So I’m doing my 15 minutes wait after my shot, and I’m seeing a lot of people massaging their shoulders, swinging their arms around, and other exercise type things. Is there some kind of info out there that is motivating this? Like saying that it will help in some way, make the shoulder hurt less, or make the vaccine more effective?

I haven’t heard anything myself but I’m curious because I saw it after my first shot too. It’s like maybe 5 to 10 percent of people here.

2 Likes

Fine with me then. I’m still gonna be polite and wear my mask indoors, including at the restaurant when my server is taking my order.

1 Like

I was told (by the person giving me the shot) that moving your arm around and massaging it decreases the odds of it being really super sore, but who knows.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard this too (for all innoculations). No clue if its bs, seems like a freeroll tho. Same thing with ultra hydrating before the second shot. Free to try imo.

2 Likes

Churchill is Czech? I didn’t know.

1 Like

Yes, it seems, at the health centre I’m at at the desk on the way in there was 2 signs saying 1st dose-Pfizer 2nd dose-AZ, so I’m taking that as the way it’s been because both my parents got 2 different doses at another health centre, they had to go to the SECC new hospital. :blush:

My dad had slight side effects and was not feeling well for 2 or 3 days but he also has bad health and a slight flu/cold knocks him for two.

My 2nd dose is in 12 weeks - August :pray:

2 Likes

Really dont understand the urge to get rid of indoor masking by the CDC, especially since ending masks for the vaccinated is de facto end of indoor masking.

Guessing in blue areas this is just a delegation to localities and businesses that are going to keep them in place, but just seems like a useless potential foot shoot.

1 Like

Nothing to support this, but why not?

1 Like

You literally said it in your question. Blow.

3 Likes

And more importantly, have been ridiculously, best case scenario at preventing morbidity and mortality.

3 Likes

I have helped a lot of people get vaccinations. Many of them minorities. Pretty close to the beginning people have been able to call a phone number to schedule a vaccine if they could not use a computer.

This was for my area. I don’t really know how common this is/was outside Dallas/Fort Worth.

Plus the last week plus every vaccination site takes walk ins.

I will add, though, there were no vaccine locations in the poorest part of Fort Worth for a while. They opened one about a month ago but before that you would have to travel 15-20 minutes.

So people know, in Texas (may be every state) people on Medicaid get free transportations to and from medical appointments, trips to pharmacies etc. This includes going to get the vaccine.

1 Like