COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

Literally just jumpscares. None of them have been borne out by what’s actually happenned with the countries that have effective vaccine campaigns.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s really been any studies on efficacy of covid shot when taken within 14 days of the flu shot, but I know the appointment websites here in the US at least ask if you have taken any other vaccines in the last 14 days. Flu is almost nonexistent right now and Covid is way worse. If you get the chance to schedule your Covid vaccine, I would postpone the flu shot to get the Covid one, and not the other way around, AINEC.

2 Likes

The fuck are you even talking about.

AZ is not mRNA vaccine ergo other countries may have an interest in non-mRNA vaccines?

Do you have issues keeping up with the thread?

We do not have studies on two of the main variants yet in terms of well-vaccinated countries. UK government alarm would indicate there is further cause for concern.

No, I’m pretty sure you don’t know what you’re going on about.

The researchers compared SARS-CoV-2 infection rates in vaccinated people with those in unvaccinated controls. People who received two vaccine doses were about 90% less likely to develop an infection caused by B.1.1.7, echoing findings from Israel, the United Kingdom and elsewhere. The researchers identified around 1,500 ‘breakthrough’ infections caused by the B.1.351 variant in vaccinated individuals, but only 179 of these occurred more than 2 weeks after the second dose. There were hardly any severe cases of COVID-19 caused by either B.1.1.7 or B.1.351 among fully vaccinated individuals.

“Even though there were breakthrough infections, they didn’t lead to hospitalization and death, except very, very rarely,” says Abu-Raddad. Two people died of COVID-19 caused by B.1.351 after receiving their second vaccine dose, but it is very likely that they were infected before the protective effects of the booster shot began. “If, a year ago, I told somebody we would have 75% effectiveness against the worst variants we had, they would consider this extremely good news,” Abu-Raddad adds.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5

2 Likes

This has been covered multiple times and is flat out wrong. Stop spreading misinformation.

1 Like

Cite me the studies on Pfizer effectiveness in a country with say 75% dominance of B1.617.2.

Cite me the studies on any variant other than B.1.1.7 or B.1.351 - these studies done when UK variant not dominant - 50% of the US study was based in Arizona, the last place in the US to even record a UK strain detection.

Cite?

Do we think this is true worldwide, considering the much more strict storage requirements?

It has been cited and was just cited again. Stop spreading nonsense.

1 Like

Not for Pfizer, but I don’t see why Moderna couldn’t end up being widely distributed in most places. Regular freezer storage isn’t that impossible, even in third world countries, in the cities. In the rural parts of third world countries I admit it could be a problem. And in any event there continues to be work on dozens of other vaccines, including other MRNA vaccines, not all of which will have the same requirements.

This thread would be much improved if everyone ignored Churchill and the site tagged all of his posts with false information disclaimers like Twitter did to Trump before banning him.

13 Likes

I disagree with the ignoring or banning, but man I have to agree with the false information disclaimers. I mean, effectively that’s what most posters are doing longhand every time he posts anyway.

2 Likes

Looks like the UK will have the first stats on vaccine effectiveness against Indian variant soon…

Areas of Blackburn to offer vaccine to over-18s

People aged 18 and over in the three areas of Blackburn will be able to book an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine from next week.

It comes after cases of the Indian variant of coronavirus were found in the town in Lancashire, north-west England.

The national booking system for England is currently only open to people aged 38 and over.

Over-18s living in the following areas of Blackburn will be able to get an appointment:

• Shear Brow & Corporation Park
  • Billinge & Beardwood
  • Bastwell & Daisyfield

Scientists believe the variant first identified in India could be more transmissible than the Kent variant, which is dominant in the UK. But there is currently insufficient evidence to indicate it may cause more severe disease or make current vaccines any less effective.

Come on, man. It seems like every post you make itt follows this exact template:

A concerning COVID-19 variant x.y.x in country z has been identified and experts say it may be more transmissible than previous strains. Mutation q could possibly pose a challenge to existing vaccines [quote is snipped here] however doctors are confident that they will still be highly effective at preventing serious illness and death.

Then you add commentary that says stupid shit like “lol gg mrna vaccines bend over america here it comes they will have to pull the vaccines because they aren’t even 50% effective now lolol told you so” that doesn’t come close to summarizing the actual content of the linked article.

Like wtf is even your point? It’s been like half a year now where you’ve foretold how the vaccinations will be completely useless and need to be scrapped and redesigned, first because of the UK strain, then the South African variant, now we’re banging the gong because the Indian variant is REALLY the one that is going to shit on vaccines. Arrgh I woke up on the wrong side of the bed but I can’t fucking take it anymore. I pretty much never directly respond to someone but hyaachahahchahchahcha.

19 Likes

It’s more of a behavior pattern than a point. It’s actually a recognizable pattern for anyone who has had exposure to stock market commentators - there is a group that basically does the same thing as @churchill where every single day they can find something that portends a stock market crash and so every day brings a “sky is falling” prediction. Like the stock market, the spread of Covid has enough random variables involved that there will in fact be occasional break outs of cases and stuff like that, which the Daily Doomer types will trace back to their “insight”. This happens in stock market predictions all the time, the classic line being “X has successfully predicted 27 of the last 3 crashes”.

12 Likes

All of this. I don’t really want to use my mod tools at this point, so hopefully a “knock it off” works.

Got shot #2 of the second round of the blinded crossover portion of the Novavax study. No side effects whatsoever unlike the first round, so I’m pretty certain I have been good since early February at this point. Now I have $750 on this stupid debit card they gave me to blow on something, any ideas?

17 Likes

fauci saying no masks outside is good enough for me

1 Like

Hookers and blow, ldo.

I think he said no masks outside for vaccinated people, right?

2 Likes