COVID-19: Chapter 8 - Ongoing source of viral information, and a little fun

There’s also a certain element of the victimhood complex of conservatives where many of them will comply with mandatory vaccination just so they can feel oppressed and tell everyone about how oppressed they are.

2 Likes

Yup. Had one vaccinated positive yesterday, 78F, got it from her sons who refused to be vaccinated. Discharged home.

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised the unvaxxed showing up to the hospital aren’t just claiming to be vaxxed.

1 Like

I’ve gone without since 2 weeks past 2nd vax but I’m watching the data in my state and also watching for any trends in bad results for vaccinated people. Still seems safe enough here, but I noticed the daily numbers in MA (closest population centers to my state) have gone from well under 100 for a week or two, to over 300 again, so I expect things are going to ramp up here in NH soon.

The real problem is that Trump couldn’t get anything done in Congress that establishment Republicans wouldn’t go for.

2 Likes

The idea that republicans would just pass a significant health care reform for good to spite the democrats is one of the sillier takes I’ve seen

Trump was never going to go for TrumpCare or whatever nonsense over the senate Republicans to get dem haters mad. Just foolishness, and not on topic

Symptoms?

The heavy dose from pozzed family prolly doesn’t help.

Tired only really. I would have sent her home with no testing but her pcp boxed me into an ecg and labs, all normal.

at some point gop are going to hijack both universal healthcare and climate change message because it will be necessary, and the racists will again have an excuse to vote for conservative bigots again. it’s really sort of amazing they haven’t done it yet. they have the judiciary locked up, they could corrupt the shit out of that much money AND look like populists.

like there was a path for republicans to bite the bullet and open up social safety during COVID and keep power, but they stopped at not even enforcing masks, and decided to war over critical race theory instead.

2 Likes

I disagree that’s a likely outcome but suppose it’s possible. That doesn’t make the trumpcare comment any more serious though.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’ t there is a way to make someone pay for COVID testing. It’s free pretty much everywhere due to federal law (I think, but if I’m wrong, let me know).

That’s a good point. I don’t doubt at all that there are breakthrough cases. I also don’t doubt that some people are lying and saying they got the vaccine. It’s just a question of how many.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1416421686338019336

50/50 when vaccinated doesn’t sound so great tbh/s

That’s not what that tweet says. From the first reply

https://mobile.twitter.com/sebgs1/status/1416447893691641862

Haven’t looked into the data myself

2 Likes

Yup… I shouldn’t be so sarcastic

Did I miss the /s? Apologies.

No… I edited it, alough it isi t obvious I was being sarcastic as you for one missed it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1416381636862783488

1 Like