COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

There are other vaccines that should be stored at regular freezer temps if storing for long periods (MMR and Varicella, I think), so whatever places have those other vaccines should have them.

But if they don’t, getting a regular freezer should be pretty easy. Just go to home depot. You can buy sensors to monitor temp on Amazon. Cost should be minimal.

This opposition sums up why humans suck.

People making travel plans during Covid should have already been arranging their own testing.

Claiming it is too short notice. Fuck those Canadians who get upset about this.

I have realized “growing up to be an adult” is a complete mirage. Humans are all petulant children who like to whine, complain and stamp their feet about everything.

I think it would have been perfectly legitimate for someone to meticulously quarantine for 2 weeks prior to a flight in lieu of getting tested. In that case arranging for testing is unnecessary.

If someone said, “That’s why I didn’t arrange testing.”, it would be reasonable.

I get that almost no one does that, so this observation has little practical value.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1345454616318791681

2 Likes

Second 40 something R rep to die in a week?

I was talking about the period prior to regulations, in which people were just left to their own devices to be as responsible as they saw fit.

So, in the absence of any specific rules, if I absolutely had to fly, I would have felt that I was being responsible if I did full quarantine for two weeks.

Obviously, once the rule comes into place, then I’d get the test.

But in the transition period from no rule to rule, if I was on day 12 of my quarantine and suddenly a requirement is imposed, I’d be a bit annoyed. But not much. It’s much better for me if everyone else on the plane is tested too.

Yea but don’t worry it’s just the flu and only old people who get it die.

1 Like

Hmmm so this… this I haven’t seen in COVID. And I’ve seen some fucked up things in COVID.

Only way I could think of it being covid related was if he was on some sort of anticoagulation for COVID.

You also don’t die from a brain aneurysm. You die from the bleed and resultant compression of the brain. So details may be off here.

I’m sure that’s true. But when someone says “X died of an aneurysm”, the implication is that they died from the sequelae. That’s what they mean.

Fairly unlikely they even knew he had one. Would only be in a spot that’s typical of an aneurysmal bleed. Point here is to be careful with this type of medical reporting as it’s often incomplete.

i did that 3 times this summer when i needed to travel, in lieu of quarantine when i arrived at a state that required it. it was just impractical to quarantine upon arrival because my trip had to be less than 5 days long. actually i self-isolated myself before and after travel. i don’t believe i interacted with anyone who had covid tho. lucky i suppose

Today I had someone knock on my door and I answered it. We have had our mail mixed up with neighbors a few times lately so I assumed that’s who was knocking. Opened the door and it’s some random guy selling carpet cleaners or something. No mask on he did stand back a few feet. Once I realized what was happening I just shut the door. This dude is going door to door without a mask and trying to come into peoples house to shampoo carpets and try and sell some garbage vacuum cleaner in the middle of a pandemic.

1 Like

It really is impractical though especially for people who are from countries with inefficient health systems like America where it takes 5 days to get results back unless you pay an absurd amount of money for an expedited test.

It’s supposed to the Department of Health or police that do spot checks for quarantining flyers.

In America, that was comprised of sending me warning text messages about the consequences of not quarantining. So long as I responded to them with the letter C, I was good to go. Let’s see what the Czech Republic’s policy will be.

They should mix in a flu vaccine with the COVID vaccine.

2 Likes

How many of the products you own and the parts they’re composed of are made in your country?

Red card

Just like everyone here is against 2,000 because trump wanted it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Goodbye Felicia.

I’m pretty sure this has already been pointed out to you. The CDC’s guidelines say that:

• The rate of transmission in the community is one of the core indicators for determining whether to reopen for in-person school. And >200 cases per 100,000 residents in the past 14 days is the highest-risk category of that indicator.

BUT

• If, after applying the core indicators described in the table below, a school is at “medium,” “higher,” or “highest” risk of transmission, it does not mean that the school cannot re-open for in-person learning, but that the risk of introduction and subsequent transmission of SARS-CoV-2 is higher and the school could consider alternative learning models (e.g., mix of in-person and virtual learning, also known as hybrid learning, or virtual-only).

In other words, effective mitigation techniques offset high rates of community transmission. So it’s the combination of these indicators that matters. And this will leave a lot of ambiguity, like when school districts have the ability to implement effective mitigation strategies, but the community rate of transmission is very high:

While risk of introduction and subsequent transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in a school may be lower when indicators of community spread are lower, this risk is dependent upon the implementation of school and community mitigation strategies. If community transmission is low but school and community mitigation strategies are not implemented, then the risk of introduction and subsequent transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in a school will increase. Alternately, if community transmission is high, but school and community mitigation strategies are implemented and strictly followed as recommended, then the risk of introduction and subsequent transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in a school will decrease.

I don’t think I’ve said anything to counter the CDC guidelines. I’m starting to think that you’re willfully misinterpreting the actual posts in this thread so that you can strawman about “OFS”.

3 Likes

Pinky swears.

Is this number routinely published for different areas around the country? And if yes, how do I find the numbers for south central NH?