COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Yeah this study seems useless. About the only conclusion you can draw from it is that among reasons for getting children tested for COVID, “was in school with someone who had it” is one of the least likely to result in a positive test, which results in this datum that negative-testing children are likely to have been in school. Not very surprising that other reasons to test your child such as “has symptoms of COVID” have higher strike rates.

1 Like

@churchill,

I don’t read this thread a lot, so I’m not really in a position to judge, but I wanted you to know that there have been multiple complaints about your posting in this thread and now there’s a request for containment. I’m making this post as a favor to you. I’m trying to prevent that from happening and giving you the chance to pull back a little bit. I’m not saying you’re wrong or right, but say you are right, then you’ll get a better chance to make your points if you do it maybe a little less often or just let some disagreements go.

Again, I don’t follow closely, so…shrug…just taking a stab at this.

5 Likes

Sometimes I feel that the country never progressed beyond the 90s in fashion.

Personally, I don’t mind that. I like flannel.

Paperwork needed for flying back home has hit some annoying snags. Aside from the covid test, I need to fill out paperwork declarations for both The Netherlands and Czech Republic even though I’m only transferring through the airport in the former.

So yeah this is pretty heavy stuff. I really need to sleep it off.

She’s talking about patient safety. Is there data that shows that limit is super important? Maybe. All I know is that California is the only place I’ve ever worked were ratios were kept at a strict 4 to 1. Somehow everywhere else got by on normal days. In covid times, it’s time to do a bit more.

LA County is asking everyone to quarantine for 10 days at home if they travel outside the county.

https://twitter.com/Joeingram1/status/1343461144195788800?s=19

The WSOP main event is happening right now? Wtf?

2 Likes

Does he like… get paid out for 9th? Or is he legitimately disqualified?

He gets paid for 9th. This was all specified in the rules announced beforehand.

Unbelievable that the WSOP isn’t online this year. Like… It’s the one thing where we already have the infrastructure to do it seamlessly online and have had that infrastructure for 20 years.

No sympathy whatsoever for these people … pricks.

5 Likes

They went with online with a live final table for TV.

If he’s reported then he’s reported I suppose. But given the most recent posting was him getting called an idiot by several people for something he was later shown to be correct about, then the timing of this feels off.

10 Likes

Yeah I’m a bit puzzled by this. He had a really bad take on something a few months ago but apart from that he’s been posting mostly BBC/Sky articles and getting grief. Part of it I think is due to the BBC articles in particular being c’n’ps with no link - but that is because the BBC ones are mostly from their rolling news which means links don’t work so well. I read most stuff but could obviously have missed something important wrt this so please don’t hate on me too.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1343468734933917696?s=20

Oh. I guess that makes more sense then. I withdraw my outrage.

I ended up down the social media hole to a couple prolific Covid deniers pages this morning somehow. In the midst of all of the insane misinformation they each recently made posts explaining cognitive dissonance and how the left refuses to be convinced by facts because of it. Posted completely unironically.

I don’t really have a point I guess other than I don’t see Covid ever ending here with these people spreading lies and all patting each other on the back for it. Like life will go on and I think for the vaccinated we will resume our normal lives at some point this next year but we are still going to have morons dying from Covid and/or getting serious health complications from it for years and years thanks to these morons.

2 Likes

Maybe we should hold off on Medicare for All until enough COVID deniers die without us having to pay for them.

We’ve been getting attacked by the local gangster crew… Seems there paranoid wrt there boy getting it again… 3 drivers so far in the same place, call went out yesterday to stay away from the street but its where we all sit at times.

Fun times lol.

It’s in the papers here… If need more info.

2 Likes