COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

5k shots per day there

The Phase III trials? The real world efficacy data weā€™ve seen so far?

Comparing the vaccines based on their trials isnā€™t as straightforward as you think:

3 Likes

Yeah this was the part that I was obsessing over.

Georgia has ended the pandemic. Congratulations Georgia!

1 Like

J&J is a good old fashioned vaccine so clearly the best. The new mNBA vaccines are barely tested so could make you grow a 3rd ear down the road, nobody knows. Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve heard anyway.

2 Likes

Got Pfizer jab #2 at 12:30 today. Have a mildly sore arm and a bit of fatigue. Feels pretty lucky so far. Weā€™ll see what tomorrow is like.

12 Likes

Feel better. And keep us updated.

I knew full well about the hospitalization and deaths comparison, but I didnā€™t know that J&J was explicitly tested against the South African and Brazilian variants, and at higher case loads than Pfizer and Moderna. Those are really compelling points in its favor for overall efficacy, let alone convenience of both receiving it and distribution of it.

The ultimate point being - your lungs still have scarring, which could cause problems even if you donā€™t notice it right away.

I donā€™t see Dodgers Stadium on myturn.ca.gov. Do you? Why would they not be on there?

Also that tweet isnā€™t available anymore. Which makes me wonder if that was a pic of the testing line, not the vaccine line.

I googled Dodgers Stadium vaccine - which leads to carbon health for some reason, which says theyā€™re booked.

If they really have a ton of appointments, I think I know why.

Sure. But my point is that itā€™s kind of hard to notice a significant drop in lung capacity unless youā€™re exercising and tracking performance, because thereā€™s so much spare lung capacity. Like dudes can lose a whole lung and live a normal life. But itā€™ll effect your mile time bigly I would imagine.

Sure Iā€™ll go with scarred lungs just for fun. Probably fine right?

Other than that not KEEEEEDING with you on this one, sorry.

What? Iā€™m just saying that most people might not notice, but athletes probably would be more likely to because they would notice a decrease in athletic performance, because theyā€™re actually measuring and tracking it. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s fine that people have damaged lungs. Just, how would they know?

keeed is right here.

Scarring isnā€™t quite right either (itā€™s close), those changes in your lung usually resolve.

Donā€™t know if this has been posted, but itā€™s a pretty interesting article (but as much focused on govt procurement as vaccination).

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1379993672754851840?s=19

Well if they never know, why isnā€™t it fine?

I guess I can imagine some arguments, but if itā€™s not fine, itā€™s still has to be pretty close (assuming they literally never know).

Iā€™ll take ā€œPosts you didnā€™t expect from CaffeineNeeded for 400,ā€ Rodgers.

2 Likes

But who wanted to kick the field goal?

3 Likes

Dunno, but hereā€™s an option.
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1379832144470503424?s=19
https://twitter.com/erockappel/status/1379489379563933697?s=19