COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Had an appointment with a big prick today. His name was Mr. Pfizer.

(reposting, I had posted in the oranges of covid thread by accident)

13 Likes

26 Likes

The last British invasion came from Liverpool, so Iā€™m fairly certain this is correct. They probably have an invasion lab in the British rust belt.

4 Likes

If that thread ever figures out where COVID came from, someone be sure to xpost it here for people who mute threads with endless bickering.

1 Like

I mean if this website is turning up Rite Aid openings but the Rite Aid website itself keeps saying that theyā€™re all unavailable, it might be that I canā€™t reserve appointments from abroad for my family. Bah.

The first Rite Aid opening it gave worked for me, fwiw.

Yeah, Iā€™m with you.

I think the most compelling argument for classifying it as a disease is to get payors to reimburse for services. If something is viewed as a disease, they might be less likely to deny coverage than they would for something that is not viewed as a disease.

Insurance companies obviously are going to try to get out of paying for everything, but I think presenting it as a disease might make it a tiny bit harder for them.

1 Like

I wasted dozens of hours banging my head against the Rite Aid site.

fyi in so cal.
https://twitter.com/aswinn/status/1379858369045925889?s=19

https://twitter.com/ColeRoxann/status/1379845730995593216?s=19

1 Like

@BestOf

Instead of using a proxy server, can you like, VPN into your parents computer and then use that to make the appointment?

Also, the only information you absolutely need to make someone a vaccine appointment (the rest is optional) in NY is:

1. Full name:
  2. Address;
  3. Date of Birth;
  4. Email Address (but you can give your email address here or make up a dummy one just to receive the ticket);
  5. Cell Phone number (but you can create a google voice number for this as well, again itā€™s just so you can get the text message with the ticket).

Is there someone on this forum you know and trust enough to give this information to who can make the appointment for your parents?

Major grunch here but are all UPā€™ers getting the Pfizer or Moderna? Any advantages to the Johnson and Johnson?

Iā€™ve been reading but I trust this board and prefer using this community when I can.

Thanks for all the contributions everyone has made. I booked an appointment for this weekend but I can change it tonight.

1 Like

I mean, get whatever vaccine you can, but if you have a choice, the MRNA vaccines are clearly better. But J&J is still very good.

So now that we are on the verge of near universal eligibility, we really need to take these mass vaccination sites and take them on the road and just go town by town door to door jabbing people. Deploy the national guard/military for the logistics and start ramming and jamming. Bonus points for the guys and gals in uniform knocking on the doors to coerce more deplorables.

Edit: And treat it like Book It when lots of us were kids - gamify it somehow and the towns with highest participation get pizza parties or something.

1 Like

Based on what?

1 Like

Pfizer is clearly better since its the one I got

11 Likes

For NorCal people, a mass vaccination site at the Stockton Arena just opened today. It seems like they are taking all comers and you donā€™t have to be a resident of San Joaquin County. I was able to make an appointment for the first (or possibly only) shot tomorrow and they still had tons of openings available.

2 Likes

In other words, getting remote desktop access through software like AnyDesk?

I doubt I could get them to install AnyDesk if they wonā€™t even schedule their own vaccine appointments. Plus, Iā€™m uncomfortable giving my mother the knowledge that she can allow people to connect to her computer. Last thing I need is for her to get fleeced in a tech support scam or something.

Im Moderna +3 weeks. I can almost taste the FREEDUMB.

1 Like