COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

When does school end there? I would guess June? If so why do we do this for a month.

If you take the first two weeks and last two weeks of school and smash them together you literally create an unfillable void in the fabric of time.

1 Like

When is your brother getting his shot?

1 Like

My sister in law just drove from DC to NC yesterday to get her first shot. Second one is scheduled in Arlington I think. It sucks how difficult it has been to get it in the DC area.

4 Likes

youā€™re a moron, take something. Drink fluids. Feel better!

2 Likes

Man I was popping ibuprofen a few hours after my 1st shot and I will probably do the same on Monday when I get my 2nd.

For some reason I feel like ibuprofen always works much better for aches, pains and headaches compared to Tylenol

Got my 2nd Pfizer this morning and right now I am freezing. I think Iā€™ve been had.

12 Likes

haha, once me and my sis get ours on wednesday he will be the only one in my family not to have it. Both of my trumper parents got it at least but only after me and my sisters urged them to.

3 Likes

My body is sore all over which makes it hard to sleep. I can only stand up for a few seconds before feeling faint. It feels like the worst hangover of all time.

I wonder how much better things in Florida would be if Gillum had won the election.

US hit 3 million shots per day in the 7dma of vaccinations.

2 Likes

Hell yeah, got my first appointment for the Moderna shot on Thursday!!!

My old neighbor told me Walgreens was going to open up a bunch of appointments this morning, got up at 6am and she was right! Got an appointment booked for myself, my brother in law, and one of the maintenance guys that works for my brother in law!

23 Likes

Yesterday was pretty rough. Took some Advil before bed (thanks @CaffeineNeeded ) and slept 8 hours, which is unheard-of for me. Iā€™m not 100% this morning, but Iā€™d say Iā€™m pretty close.

My wife was sick as hell all day yesterday (we got the second shot together), never got out of bed, never ate, terrible body pains and headache, threw up a bunch. She threw up during the night and I could tell was not doing well so I figured sheā€™d have another day of that. But she just emerged and is way way better, I canā€™t believe she went from completely out of commission to basically OK in that short a period of time. Sheā€™s not great at being sick, but says itā€™s the sickest sheā€™s ever been.

So that was pretty wild. If Iā€™d had no side effects Iā€™d have been worried that my immune system hadnā€™t reacted, so Iā€™m free from that lol. And very grateful to have felt all of that knowing it was from the vaccine, instead of the creeping knowledge that I had the virus combined with the fear of what might be to come. Yeah science, bitch!

8 Likes

This makes me feel almostā€¦disappointedā€¦that I had very little reaction to Pfizer 2. Congrats on your new superhuman powers!

3 Likes

Wife now on 3rd day of vomiting. Hoping she gets better today. May liberate some fluids and an IV from work.

8 Likes

The early summer will be a nice time for a gender reveal party.

3 Likes

I was planning on lighting off a bunch of blue/pink fireworks in the driest part of California

2 Likes

My strategy was to drink so heavily after I got my second shot that I would be unable to differentiate between the hangover and the vaccine side effects. Worked great.

8 Likes

Some scary numbersā€¦

1 Like

It started with Zac Efron. Then Mark Wahlberg flew over, Matt Damon jetted in, and dozens of other celebrities followed - all to set up temporary homes in Australia.

More recently, Julia Roberts touched down. Sheā€™s due to film a movie here with George Clooney later this year, one rather aptly titled Ticket to Paradise.

Because amid the pandemic, it does appear that half of Hollywood has fled to Australia, viewing it as a Covid-free idyll.

Life is good in a country thatā€™s largely eliminated the virus - people are freely enjoying beaches, bars, and nightclubs.

Most of the famous arrivals are here to work. Australiaā€™s government has lured over productions like the next Thor film with tax breaks.

IMAGE COPYRIGHTCHRIS HEMSWORTH/INSTAGRAM

image captionThor stars Chris Hemsworth, Idris Elba and Matt Damon at a party in Sydney

Thatā€™s led to a bonanza of celebrity sightings, particularly in Sydney:

Thereā€™s Idris Elba showing up on a concert stage; Natalie Portman buying groceries in Bondi; Chris Pratt partying in a hotel; and Efron lunching at a Korean barbecue restaurant in Chinatown.

The visitor book also includes Awkwafina, Ed Sheeran, Jane Seymour, Melissa McCarthy, Michelle Ye, Paul Mescal, Rita Ora, Ron Howard, Taika Waititi, Tessa Thompson, Tilda Swinton, Tom Hanks and Lord Alan Sugar.

Thereā€™s also the Australian stars whoā€™ve come home: Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Kylie and Danni Minogue, Rose Byrne, Isla Fisher and her British husband Sacha Baron Cohen.

ā€œTheyā€™re calling it Aussiewood,ā€ one local entertainment reporter told the BBC.

Definite PM envy.