COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

lol

UP has found its mojo again

Compelling!

1 Like

today is a subtweet kind of day

15% of the Czech Republic has tested positive for covid at some point since it reached the country. Makes me wonder how many people had it and were asymptomatic.

Anyway, now theyā€™re leaving 42 days between shots of Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.

Still getting my second Moderna shot on April 8th though!

1 Like

This is a good post. Will derail a bit because the Tylenol stuff is insane in the USA.

The amount of Tylenol that you can buy at once in Costco is insane. 20 pills of Tylenol is enough to have a decent shot of killing you, and itā€™s a fucking brutal way to die too.

Other countries sell Tylenol in blister packs of 10 for exactly that reason. In the USA, we have lethal amounts of tasty flavored liquid Tylenol for kids!

2 Likes

Analysis: Cause or coincidence?

As weā€™ve just reported, Germany has warned against giving the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine to people aged under 60.

If you give a vaccine to millions of people you will of course see some cases of people falling seriously ill or even dying shortly afterwards. It does not mean the vaccine has caused the problem - it could have occurred naturally. What authorities have to work out is whether it is cause or coincidence.

They do this by monitoring adverse events after vaccination and see if they are above what you would normally expect. The type of blood clot that has been seen is very rare and so it is hard to know exactly how many cases you would normally expect to see. We do know it is more common in women and taking the pill increases the risk of it happening.

There is no evidence yet to prove the AstraZeneca vaccine increases the chances of these clots. But, even if it does, the next thing you have to take into account is whether Covid presents more of a danger.

Regulators in Europe and the UK are clear - given the current evidence - that use of the vaccine should continue in all ages.

Canā€™t speak for the rest of Europe but there isnā€™t a real restriction on buying Tylenol in the CR. Normally there are thirty 500 mg pills to a box.

I suspect buying more than one box at a time would arouse suspicion but I doubt a person would be stopped.

So an explainer -

Cerebral sinus thrombosis is what they are talking about here. What the fuck is that? Itā€™s when a blood clot forms in what is basically the veins of your brain. Causes headaches, vomiting and neuro badness when they get big. Theyā€™re rare, but not crazy rare - Hillary Clinton had one. (PS hdawg thanks for the pizza you bought me this time last. year) Iā€™ve never seen one, but I typically only look for them when someone has a refractory headache.

Why do they form? Fuck if we know. Estrogens (being a woman, birth control, hormones), smoking, various genetic disorders, and other weird shit put you at higher risk.

I think this is likely bullshit for one key reason. If cavernous sinus thrombosis was really caused by this vaccine, I would expect other blood clots in more common areas to bounce up too. We think that the processes that would cause cerebral sinus thrombosis would also cause deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in legs/arms) or pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in lungs). Since I havenā€™t seen that, I doubt.

Now could it be some special super weird thing? Sure. However, I think this is more likely to be a function of when you look at a bazillion variables a few will fall outside of the 95% confidence interval randomly.

3 Likes

Wait what are you talking about wrt dosing? Itā€™s 15 mg/kg and itā€™s 160mg/5mL concentration. Youā€™re freaking me out.

Iā€™m pretty sure the generic acetaminophen I but comes in a jar of 500 extra strength tablets.

Huh so maybe a certain whistleblower was correct?

1 Like

YMMV from country to country. UK limits what they call ā€˜paracetamolā€™ severely. Australia has a 100 count limit. I only interface with ER docs in English speaking countries because I suck at languages and EM is not a specialty in many countries, so after that Iā€™m about out.

Turns out just trusting Ron Fucking Desantis was a bad idea! WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS!?!?!?

Seems like there is plenty of room for both to be wrong.

2 Likes

Probably not on the specifics of intentional under reporting. Big difference between that and wrong in life. As time goes on the vast majority of the negative RJ reporting remains on the right wing side it makes one wonderā€¦

But thatā€™s a whole ā€˜nother derail. Thereā€™s a thread for that.

Shocking, Rebekah Jones was completely correct

Just a helpful tidbit - the Pfizer vaccine did not get my wife 5G on her phone. We had to order a new sim card to enable it. Those that were expecting 5G or greater speeds from the vaccine, you might need a new sim card too.

5 Likes

Think Motrin still has the different concentrations, so this parental fun didnt completely disappear.

10 Likes

People will say that you canā€™t safely manufacture your own dose of mRNA vaccine once you have the sequence, but thatā€™s just BIG VACCINE propaganda.