COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

No. Stop. This is never happening.

Yes, IMO US will be the best real world test of effectiveness against new variants that Pfizer or Moderna will have, in a few months time.

Those who had 2 doses 2 weeks before an encounter should do well. Those with one dose in the system, less so (see Chile) should US decide to let it rip. A new death record will not be set.

I just hope the administration see it fit to up testing so we can actually count the cases (and I can cash in on a my bet!)

Bad take

Anyone know if Walgreens/CVS add new appointments at midnight like Walmart? Currently on a sleep schedule where i am not up at midnight.

Soreness, fatigue, literally no appetite.

Couple/few days. I got my shot on Tuesday, I think I am over most of it now. I still have minor soreness in my arm but itā€™s almost gone.

How many of these predictions have to fail before you stop being some completely cocksure of your ability to see the future?

4 Likes

Sorry but I loved this reference.

Jesus Christ Churchill even if you end up being right (doubtful) this post is still really dumb.

Happy to hear both of my parents got shot 1 this week! We hadnā€™t discussed it but apparently they were not planning on getting vaccinated, BUT they wanted to check notes ā€œGo on a cruise in September or October.ā€ Iā€™m hoping this line of thought will be more common amongst those thinking about skipping the vaccine.

6 Likes

Who all actually watched it when it originally aired?

:wave: this guy

1 Like

Can you imagine going on a cruise vaccinated but getting quarantined at see because of the YOLO crowd.

2 Likes

Quarantine prob wont be required on a ship where everyone is vaccinated if someone gets sick. Along those lines, there was a story a few days ago about the major lines starting to sell tickets now for cruises in June, but the CDC pumped the brakes on that. The proposed plan was to require all guests and crew to be vaccinated.

1 Like

I have never been on a cruise. Itā€™s something I have always wanted to try at least once but probably not one of these super liner cruises.

But now I canā€™t ever conceive of a way someone could get me on a cruise unless they paid me an irrational sum of money.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if they release big batches at particular times, but I noticed handfuls of new appointments popping up throughout the day.

For my fellow SoCal peeps, this is a great aggregator site.

Got my second Pfizer dose at the megapod at Cal Poly Pomona. This one is kicking my ass (headaches/joint pain, fever, exhaustion), but I donā€™t care at all!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought that a federal vaccine mandate to get on planes and cruise ships would be the only way to coax the magaturds. Throw in Wal-Mart for good measure.

I honestly was kinda hoping Iā€™d get just enough sick to take a day off from work after my second Pfizer dose but I felt only some very mild fatigue and achiness. It was no worse than my first dose. Not really replying to you so much as adding to the general picture for those interested in peopleā€™s second dose reactions.

7 Likes

First shot trip report.

I made my appointment on the Walgreenā€™s website. I think I checked around midnight, didnā€™t find any appointments, and checked later around 2am and scored one near me.

There were three windows at the pharmacy. One was dedicated to COVID appointments. I was second in line and three people soon fell in behind me. I was the only person to print out the consent form and fill it out ahead of time. I felt bad for the olds sitting there with a clipboard doing paperwork.

My name was called shortly and I went into a small room where I was given the injection by a jovial pharmacy student. I was in and out quickly, but I came prepared. Not everyone wore a short-sleeved shirt as instructed.

They told me I could wander the store while I waited the fifteen minutes, which I did. I surprisingly didnā€™t splurge on Easter candy. Remember how I said there was a dedicated COVID window? When my time was uo, I went there and some lady in front of me had decided that, with the other windows unoccupied, this was the correct window to pick u her prescription and yell at her kids to come bring their snacks so she could pay for them.

I didnā€™t feel any immediate side effects. About three hours later, I started to feel pain at the injection site. It still hurts 20 hours later. This pain may or may not have spread to my neck. That neck pain could just be from compensating for arm pain. My arm only hurts when I move it or press on the spot or the area immediately below it. It doesnā€™t hurt when I type this post, for example. I havenā€™t removed the bandaid yet, but if there is any redness on my arm, it is underneath.

9 Likes

I donā€™t think my local Walgreens is even doing vaccine shots.

Doctors have opinions on things that are incorrect sometimes. Maybe itā€™s me, but I doubt it.

1 Like