COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

For me the person who stuck the needle in my arm booked my second appointment. In fact I think it was only twenty days, I may be screwed.

I got my first shot at a big vaccine event, they sent an email a couple days later with a link to schedule my 2nd shot. Did all of this on my own, I signed up for some government vaccine watcher thing but it didnā€™t do shit and I was never contacted by anyone telling me I was eligible.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1374792951629422600

I know. It was a joke.

Wish for once someone would have the balls to tell him to put a fucking mask on or get his ass beat.

So where the f is the 3 foot rule coming from? Just saw a lady on the street interview that says ā€œso now the virus can only travel 3 feetā€

Just horrible messaging.

Parts of Europe have been saying 1m instead of 6 feet all along. Maybe the WHO too.

We donā€™t like the science so weā€™re changing the science.

1 Like

I wish someone had replied, ā€œNo this isnā€™t about coronavirus. Your face just sucks and I donā€™t want to look at it.ā€

7 Likes

Every time I look at Ted Cruz, I think of Phil Hellmuth

I have no idea why.

4 Likes

Cartoon is critically wrong - the player should he holding his face as if heā€™s been punched in the mush.

My son played high level youth soccer. A couple of times we thought he was dead until the coach asked if he needed to come out. Then a miracle would occur. To be fair to him he was super fast for his age so there were some spectacular goalie collisions.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ParallelNiceCarpenterant-mobile.mp4

10 Likes

Okay, so theyā€™re saying your partnerā€™s friend needs to get three doses? Even if dose two is a few weeks late, Iā€™m not sure that matters. Iā€™d get a real medical opinion from someone before going that route. If they want to reset her for a ā€œfirst shotā€, she should do it and then determine if its really her second shot.

In your own case, can you just schedule another ā€œfirst doseā€ somewhere? Is it on record everywhere that youā€™ve already had one? Again, isnā€™t a dose a dose? Thereā€™s no difference between what youā€™re getting the first time and the second time is there? Again, I gotta defer to someone who knows more about these things,ā€¦but it just sounds like youā€™re overthinking it.

Yes, all fair points. I made the same points to my partner, but it sounded like she wasnā€™t going to push it with her friend.

RE: scheduling a first dose, that seems to be nearly impossible as well so I was hoping itā€™d be easier for a 2nd dose since thereā€™s a specific window of time when I should be getting it.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually curious about this myself. I mean how come the responses are so different if the shots are exactly the same? I figured that one shot gave you the tools to fight covid and the other was the target to attack.

I think the shots are the same. The first time is your body figuring out how to fight covid. The second it brings its full force to bear (which can leave you feeling shitty and sick).

The second time is your body telling you to fuck off for doing that to it again.

9 Likes

I found this summary from CDC helpful:

COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the ā€œspike protein.ā€ The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.

COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are given in the upper arm muscle. Once the instructions (mRNA) are inside the immune cells, the cells use them to make the protein piece. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them.

Next, the cell displays the protein piece on its surface. Our immune systems recognize that the protein doesnā€™t belong there and begin building an immune response and making antibodies, like what happens in natural infection against COVID-19.

At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection. The benefit of mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19.

So the first shot gives your immune system an opportunity to learn how to fight something that looks like COVID. When you get your second shot, your immune system remembers what to do and can start fighting right away. That explains why the side effects tend to be more severe for the second dose.

Dude thinks oregano oil cures COVID and the interviewer straight up says ā€œthat sounds like fucking bullshitā€.

11 Likes