COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

I was asked that stuff online when I made the appointment.

There should be a form like this:

(Section 1 is different everywhere, but Section 2 and beyond are standard everywhere).

I guess if that was done online in advance with e-signature, I suppose that would fulfill the requirement. Iā€™m not sure what the laws are on that.

I probably answered some questions online when I made the appointment. They also verbally asked about adverse reactions.

They carded Nano (I think more that ID matched the appointment than for age, but shrug). CVS may be more lax than the mass vaccination sites.

Richard Feynman once made that argument, jokingly, ofc, when he was asked to invent an antigravity machine. At about 2:25 if youā€™re interested.

Getting jabbed in rural SC tomorrow. TR to follow.

14 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Yeah, 7dma for vaccinations in the US is falling. US needs to get rid of tiering and open this shit wide, weā€™re starting to run into real demand problems.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine why this would be true. If you lie about age thatā€™s on you, not them.

Lawbros can take this one. But if there is a standard written protocol to check for ID (and there almost certainly is) and if they deviate from this protocol, all the Lawbro has to say is, ā€œOK, maybe my client was nervous about the shot and didnā€™t read the form carefully, but if you had just followed your own protocol, you would have picked it up on the ID checkā€.

I think that should be more than enough to show breach of duty for a negligence claim.

OMG WHY DO YOU DO THIS

2 Likes

Whenever Iā€™m about to quote a post I stop to consider what the big Z will think. Not joking.

1 Like

I have never, not once, checked for id before initiating treatment in any of the 10+ ERs Iā€™ve worked or studied in. Nor have I ever had to show ID to get vaccinated, pick up non-scheduled drugs, and more. No way that you can lie your way to damages. Thatā€™s just not how medmal stuff works.

1 Like

Obviously, but you donā€™t have a written protocol to check ID.

But they almost certainly do (at least specifically for COVID vaccines). Thatā€™s the rub.

Breaking your own written protocols is generally a losing proposition in these things.

I thought this was a joke and skipped past it, but no. She was in the trials and got the placebo.

Youā€™re wildly making up things about protocols and then adding law stuff that Iā€™m sure you know nothing about. Medmal isnā€™t my profession, but it is something I follow a lot of and Iā€™ve never seen a fact pattern remotely like the one youā€™ve presented fly. Iā€™ve seen similar things (lying about having a condition when it was buried deep in another part of the EMR comes to mind), get specifically thrown out.

Anyone who has been following this thread can tell you that many of these places tell you that they will check ID before you get there. Any place that says that, Iā€™m sure has a written policy somewhere. And if you break your own written policy, thatā€™s trouble.

Iā€™ve seen this exact scenario play out before (not with COVID vaccines). It does not end well. If you donā€™t believe me, I guess I canā€™t do anything about that.

I also donā€™t know why you are drawing an analogy about lying about a condition. That has almost nothing to do with the specific problem Iā€™m talking about.

Edit: Iā€™m not even sure having a written protocol would be necessary if plaintiff could prove that it is standard practice at vaccination sites to check ID. That would likely be enough. But having it written down somewhere as something you yourself have designated as something important to do makes it a slam dunk (at least to prove the breach of duty element).

Brazil is currently in the midst of a rather insane surge. 7DMA deaths are now above 2,000. This is in a place that has already had two all-out surges before. Really shows how bad of an idea herd immunity through infections is.

Iā€™m still in disbelief the US isnā€™t having a surgeā€”our social distancing is complete shit right nowā€”but whatever, Iā€™ll take it. Normalcy is somehow in sight; we just need to hold on a little longer without cases jumping up again.

1 Like

Czechia the worst covid place in the world right now. @superuberbob

eta: Right now - worst in last 7 days - but also most deaths per capita total now.

1 Like

Oh itā€™s been the worst place since at least Christmas.

Hospitalizations have decreased due in part to vaccinating old people but hospitals were transferring patients to Austria at one point. Our 7 day average of positive PCR tests has dropped below 30% for the first time in over a month.