COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Anyone have experience at getting the 2nd shot at a different location? I’m really hoping that I snake one in PA, though I have a different scheme in mind to build it into a work trip.

I did in NH because of a storm cancellation, but all of the appointments were made through the VAMS website.

I’ve already scheduled 3 different vaccines in the Columbus area since they announced the new eligibility. First one I just grabbed whatever I could which happened to be a Saturday when my wife worked so I’d have to take my daughter. Was able to get a different one a few towns away on a better day and cancelled that. Then OSU opened up a bunch and I got one close next Wed and cancelled the other one.

Kroger was a bit like trying to get good tickets on ticketmaster, riddled with errors, but eventually you get something just refreshing and trying again and again.

I think OH will be getting to the supply > demand pretty rapidly at this rate.

I’m hoping I can but it’s been futility.com in PA so far. But that’s the dream.

https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1372720337109012489?s=21

And the genius of OFS Emily O. is in slate today saying “9 year olds are like vaccinated adults”.

Morons.

1 Like

My mom and m-in-law had their first and second shots in different locations. First was at Dodger Stadium, second was at Kaiser for both.

I have a physical card so I don’t see why not. I think I just hold two first shot cards or just copy the info over myself.

Or maybe I wait until the juice is in my arm and go “second shot bitches”. All of the online stuff here only lets you select “first dose”

1 Like

Something I never thought of until now. You seem to need the same brand vaccine for both shots, so that could screw up 2nd shot booking at a different location or at a much later date.

I thought someone was looking at mixed Moderna and Pfizer. I don’t know how similar their antigens are

If I get offered Pfizer locally soon I’d probably just two of those. I don’t see mechanistically why that wouldn’t result in strong immunity. Less certain about 1 and 1 but I’d guess it’s still pretty good.

They made sure my mom and m-in-law got the same vaccine the second time. (Different locations)

I think if you get doses of Pfizer, Moderna and J&J you unlock the Bill Gates Top Shot moment and it sets your microchips for 6G.

16 Likes

From what I understand (not a scientist) they’re very similar, but obv no one’s done any trials with a dose of each. So there’s probably no difference mixing but nobody’s going to let you do that. Unless you tell two places you’re there for a first dose and make yourself the test dummy.

My first shot went swimmingly at Walmart, but the one thing that annoyed me was that they wouldn’t book my second shot appointment right then and there. They said they only book five days out. It will be a fun scramble in a few weeks.

And by the way, “pre-registering” for the vaccine through Georgia’s government-run site is bullshit. I did it just after midnight on March 15th, the moment I became eligible. The e-mail I got back immediately said they’ll send me regular updates on scheduling an appointment as vaccines become available. Haven’t gotten an e-mail yet. In the meantime, I scheduled shit myself. Hell, I could even schedule at one of the mass-vax locations found on the government’s website.

3 Likes

36 hours after 1st Pfizer dose. Arm was mild/moderately sore today but the soreness has decreased a bit tonight. No other side effects as of yet. I should note that I have intentionally kept my arm pretty much inactive.

3 Likes

At a Utah Walmart, they scheduled my second shot right away. There’s probably variation from state to state and location to location.

Walmart appointments here have only the top half of the day open, so guessing they schedule 2nd shots for the morning a month later?

My wife got the first Pfizer dose on Tuesday. Just a sore arm at first, but yesterday she started having full on side effects — headache, slight fever, chills, gastro issues. Not fun.

7 Likes

Almost 24 hours later, my shoulder is a little sore, but I think that’s mostly because I slept on it. I also don’t think it has anything to do with the specific vaccine and is simply because a foreign object pierced my body. We’ll see if I start pissing myself or something (more than usual).

2 Likes

Not on set, hopefully.