COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Sitting at Walmart right now, waiting the required 15 minutes after getting my first shot. I can FEEL the nanobots coursing through me!

16 Likes

Wat. Tell her to get a new doctor.

9 Likes

Both my sisters are now saying this. One is pregnant and not getting it because her doctor told her they donā€™t know the effects yet.

My sisters sometimes just make shit up though so I canā€™t tell.

European regulator says AstraZeneca jab ā€˜safe and effectiveā€™

The European Medicines Agency has said the Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine is a ā€œsafe and effective vaccineā€.

The regulatorā€™s executive director Emer Cooke is speaking at a news conference after an investigation into cases of blood clots in a handful of vaccine recipients.

Is it a thing backed by science? No, of course not.

Is it a thing backed by common sense? No, of course not, pregnant women are more vulnerable to covid for several reasons and thereā€™s zero evidence suggesting it affects fertility. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology recommends getting vaccinated.

Is this a thing Facebook moms are saying? Yes, so why would the above matter?

1 Like

Theyā€™re not making it up in the sense that they developed this concern within their own brains, but they are making it up as in it is not a real concern backed by evidence. Coincidentally, Reuters had an article on one of the people behind the fertility scare today.

You donā€™t really have to read the article, itā€™s not that interesting. Cliffs: former biotech guy loses it, promotes theory that vaccine can impact fertility with no evidence, leaves former coworkers perplexed. Also may or may not have had anti-Muslim tweets from a couple years ago.

1 Like

Thanks, I figured as such. My relationship is very strained with GOP sis so I canā€™t just start sending her articles. But my liberal sister (the pregnant one) is just dumb - Iā€™m pretty sure I can get through to her.

1 Like

Lol no. Pregnancy makes someone eligible right now.

I got it! Moderna.

37 Likes

Sounds like a commerical tag line.

I got Moderna today, too. The Walmart doctor was great. I might still Hulk out later or something, but it was quite literally the least painful shot Iā€™ve ever had. Didnā€™t feel it.

8 Likes

Same. Essentially no pain at all.

1 Like

I felt mine but Iā€™m super sensitive to needles and sometimes faint when I get blood drawn. My arm really hurts today.

They scheduled me out 4 weeks from the shot and itā€™s supposed to be 3 with pfizer but the pharmacist said it was fine.

1 Like

I have the Ohio appointment scheduled which is another 8 hour drive one way.

Iā€™m hoping to find an appt for a Moderna shot near home for my second dose even though everyone claims they only schedule first doses. So I gotta try and wrk the system.

Apologies that wasnā€™t clear.

Also the checkin lady made a slight passive-aggressive crack about my PA license: ā€œyou must be visitingā€.

But let me thru no issue.

2 Likes

My 8 months along daughter got her first dose this week.

10 Likes

I kinda wanted to get sick so I know Iā€™m getting an immune response. Dumb and pointless and not how any of this works, I know, but I kinda hoped for it for some reason.

Still the sore arm encourages me. Feel like this gif:

7 Likes

8 hour drive is awful, sorry man.

1 Like
3 Likes

Varies by state, but most of the time you arenā€™t supposed to schedule until your eligibility date.

1 Like

I waited until ~30 minutes after midnight on the date I was eligible. Still had to ā€œlieā€ about my age on the appointment page.

I am in Ohio (like you are, I think), and I am eligible starting tomorrow the 19th. As soon as that was announced earlier this week, I signed up for a Friday shot. I think the only thing that matters is whether youā€™re eligible on the date of the shot. The problem is that many systems donā€™t seem to be set up that way. We booked through Krogerā€™s website, since myChart wasnā€™t letting us schedule anything without lying.

1 Like