COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Massachusetts is saying March 22 for anybody 60 or over, April 5 for 55+ or a health condition, and open for everybody on April 19.

1 Like

What is the best time to check for cancellations at a Pharmacy?

Iā€™ve had hay fever every late spring/summer for decades and itā€™s never triggered a recurrence of asthma until last year, when I got prescribed an inhaler for the first time in 30+ years.

For the last year Iā€™ve been taking an antihistamine every night because it helps a lot with a tight chest, even outside of hay fever season. Weird.

1 Like

Another covid sceptic killed by a disease that doesnā€™t exist

• Studied Chemistry and Maths
  • Worked as a Chemistry and Maths teacher

smh

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing to do in Paris, anyway.

1 Like

Discovering that I could easily buzzcut my own hair without the inconvenince of having to go to a haircut or the expense was one of the few bright spots of the pandemic. Iā€™m never getting a haircut again.

5 Likes

Is this map accurate? If so, seems absurd to expand access.

Just got poked. Got pfizer. Drove 2.5 hours to a walgreens in bumfuckville. I had my letter, email from blue shield saying Iā€™m eligible, and my work badge. They didnā€™t care. They didnt even verify where I worked, or anything other than to verify I am who I said I was. Iā€™m pretty sure if you want one in california you can just go get one (although obviously this may not be ethical).

23 Likes

Is there a chance that this thing morphs into the realm of the other strains of coronaviruses? Iā€™m wondering if maybe people who get the vaccine this year donā€™t bother getting one next year, and then contract a not-so-serious case of the virus since they may have some leftover antibodies. Then they get more antibodies as they fight off the virus and that cycle just perpetuates?

this has been true at mass vax sites for some time, especially in oakland/bay area

Dunno I havenā€™t been there all winter, but pretty much everybody in my family there has managed to get shots already. This includes people in their 20ā€™s who worked out a schedule for taking the olds for their shots so they could all get a companionship vaccination.

It was walgreens

1 Like

The main sites right now in MA are mass vaccination sites that you can only preregister for and then they text/call you when an appointment is available. Not sure how the map accounts for that. Also a ramp up in supply coming over the next month.

All the SoCal unstuck posters after we got the same 5G implants at Walgreens

My TR from Walgreens is basically me standing around like an idiot before realizing you need to actually approach the counter and check in with the pharmacist, then eventually getting jabbed with the door wide open in front of everyone for some reason, then I went and grabbed a gatorade and a Reeceā€™s peanut butter cup before going to my car and then I just drove away like 5 minutes later. I donā€™t recommend doing this.

Had a 24 hour headache and normal arm soreness but felt mostly fine besides that. My mom, brother, and me got our first vaccine shot in 3 consecutive days.

5 Likes

Definitely. Weā€™re certainly drawing live to this becoming just another common cold, but Iā€™m pretty OK with that.

2 Likes

Btw it does seem like theyā€™re really pushing the vaccine in commercials and on every news station so Iā€™m hopeful that more people than we currently think are going to be swayed to get a shot. Feels like it comes up in every conversation I have with people I havenā€™t talked to in a while.

I have the card that they give you.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been doing. I hate it.

Iā€™m the only one I know who got asked for paperwork (other than ID/appointment). (got turned away - was a mass site - the Forum) (ethical ? dunno, I have like 4 almost-sorta-maybe qualifications) After LFSā€™s story I went to three places looking to get leftovers and the one place that had a list of people waiting said it was full.

Iā€™ve been buzz cutting my own hair for 15+ years.

1 Like