COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Can’t find it but our boy Nate had a decent idea on more equitable distribution

Shot clinics in known underserved zip codes. No other priority. Anyone with the right codes gets it.

Prolly need to gate check the suburban/uptown interlopers by ID or utility bill.

I’d further add that setting up at homeless shelters would be helpful.

1 Like

Mobile teams hitting low-income essential workplaces (grocery stores, poultry processing, etc.) would also be good.

3 Likes

The two federally established sites in CA both have mobile units attached to them. They’re also in underserved areas but the truth is that computer skills are more important than location in getting an appointment since most people who want the vaccine are willing to erive so I don’t know how successful these are for the local community. (Not speaking about the mobile units, not sure how you get a jab there).

J&J and it’s normal fridge temperatures storage will assist here

Pretty much, though I’ve tried WW2 beef rations that were barely palatable. I have some canned beans that have sitting there a while and just got a new opener that leaves smooth edges and lets you put the lid back on. Can’t wait to try it.

1 Like

Finally got my first shot, Pfizer, after it was postponed due to the Ted Cruz Weatherpalooza 2021.

Still having a hard time digesting this has been the last full year.

19 Likes

Ist dose of Moderna yesterday.

I had a severe reaction but it was purely emotional.

Rumor has it that over 90% of my grocery colleagues are signed up this week.

24 Likes

I last went to a bar on like March 10th I think for someone’s birthday. Even then I was paranoid, so it was getting out there.

2 Likes

Apparently the recent power issues are not enough of a catastrophe for Texas.

https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1366838000383107078

One guess as to where Texas ranks in vaccinations per capita.

That’s really encouraging that grocery workers are getting some priority. What state, if you don’t mind my asking?

I went to an AA meeting in a small room in downtown LA on March 8 and was definitely thinking “this is a bad idea” the whole time. On March 12 we cut our office to half staff, and on March 19 shut it down for good.

2 Likes

I went to a big conference in Boston from March 6th-8th. Almost a third of the panelists pulled out at the last minute and the conference organizers live streamed most of the talks so that people could watch on youtube instead of jamming into the ballrooms. I had already flown into town, so I went to a few panels, but tried to keep my distance and washed my hands constantly. I flew home on Sunday night. By the end of that next week Tom Hanks and Rudy Gobert had pozzed and my office had shut down (and still hasn’t opened).

It’s crazy how quickly things escalated then.

3 Likes

Santa Clara County

Teachers too.

2 Likes

Most vaccines probably won’t prevent transmission

That said, the current Covid-19 vaccines weren’t judged on their ability to prevent the spread of the virus – instead, they were assessed by their ability to prevent people from developing symptoms and falling ill. Research on whether the vaccines will also prevent transmission of the virus is still ongoing, but there are some early indications that both the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine can reduce transmission. There are some early hints that other vaccines may be able to stop it entirely.

This is an incredibly irresponsible thing to put in those terms so prominently, and it doesn’t line up with the subsequent text.

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is the title of that paragraph directly contradicted by the paragraph itself?

3 Likes

Nope, you’re correct.

2 Likes

Awww shit we got another Norcaler

I thought vaccines weren’t 100% effective and therefore vaccines won’t stop (prevent) transmission by 100%?