COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

I posted it many times. Ain’t looking for it now. But it’ll be poasted by the end of the weekend.

OG, the UK add a disclaimer

Standard

We’re a year into this JT - if there were alternative evidence, surely someone must have found it by now, other than Rebekah Jones

This is going to end poorly.

I posted a BBC article from today by a government advisor? Which you seem to disagree with.

You asked for studies that may include asymptomatic children becuase as far as you knew such studies did not exist (big gap). Well, there’s one. Add that to the Icelandic, SK, German studies of a asymtomatic children from months ago.

Like chill out.

Decline in US Covid cases 'may be stalling’

A recent decline in Covid cases may be stalling, the head of the US Centers for Disease Control warned.

Dr Rochelle Walensky said the situation was concerning and called for Covid restrictions to remain in place.

According to Andy Slavitt, a senior adviser to the White House Covid-19 response team, nearly half of Americans over the age of 65 have had their first vaccine dose.

The US is the worst-hit country in the world with more than 28 million cases and 508,000 deaths.

The study is cited numerous times in my posts over the last 3 months. I’ll wait for another Brit to wade in.

He’s not asking for a citation to a study. He wants you to quote him disagreeing with the BBC article. He does not. He disagrees with your claims about the article.

1 Like

I did not make any claims when I posted the article. What have been my claims since as that must be what you’re referring to?

You claimed the following:

That does not seem to be the case in any article you’ve posted.

1 Like

Question for teh docs. Are they administering vaccine to cancer patients, or specifically during treatments?

The first study is not a good one at first glance. Bio markers being increased in a hospital cohort isn’t surprising or meaningful. It’s not a good clinical question

The t1dm stuff is something I’ve noticed and I’m concerned about

2 Likes

Shot number 2: :heavy_check_mark:

Hoping for low side effects but it is what it is! Just very fortunate to get it so early.

11 Likes

Geez man. This:

Does not say this:

1 Like

hmmm

1 Like

I’ll find it soon, when I remember the name of the study

In the meantime 4,000 nurses being tested at same hospital, 50% vaccinated, 50% not, with Pfizer so you might be vaguely interested - infections down 75%

The headline results have been posted online, but the full data has not been reviewed by other scientists.

“The vaccine doesn’t completely prevent infection and so handwashing, mask-wearing, social distancing, regular testing are as important as they ever are.”

The Siren study, run by Public Health England, suggested one dose of Pfizer reduced the risk of infection by 70% and two doses by 85%.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is thought to reduce infections by around two-thirds.

CDC must have seen your post bobman. New today I believe…

Code for it spreads like fucking wildfire…

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/transmission/variant-cases.html

Hopefully it’s more than a copy of the Medix site

My wife went to a GP for a physical today. She has an issue where sometimes she has high blood pressure at the doctor’s office, although it’s usually normal at home. Anyway, the GP said that she was eligible for the vaccine because of hypertension and that she should make an appointment at the GP’s health system’s vaccination center. My wife said she would look into it.

A few hours later (and before my wife has had a chance to do anything else), someone from the vaccination center calls her and says they have an appointment for her tomorrow if she wants it. So she’ll be getting her first shot.

20 Likes

Oh noes. Not discriminatory. Don’t want that.

Basically covid minus the respiratory problems then.

1 Like

My issue is we just don’t really have a handle on the long term issues yet and I would hesitate exposing anyone to it regardless of how mild the symptoms might be when they contract it.

We still have a huge fog of war pointed towards the future and what the long term consequences are.

I understand what you are balancing it against but the concerns are more than just what has been speculated to date.

The reality is we likely won’t know all of the long term effects before most people will have been able to be vaccinated.