COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Getting my second dose on Friday. Excited to be able to start licking doorknobs again. I miss that sweet, sweet metallic taste.

16 Likes

This one from back in Jan seems to be real.

meh never going to be able to prove it.

I mean, I remember owning the Darwin Awards book back in the late 90s. Weve been celebrating the deaths of idiots who gladly invite that death to their doorstep for a long time.

2 Likes

A virus that is a close match to the Sars-CoV-2 virus, which causes Covid-19, has been discovered in bats at a wildlife sanctuary in eastern Thailand.

The researchers predict that related coronaviruses may be present in bats across many Asian nations and regions.

Their discovery extends the area in which related viruses have been found to a distance of 4,800km (2,983 miles).

The study is reported in Nature Communications.

Oklahoma opened appointments to under 65 w/comorbidities today. I have my first shot scheduled for 2pm. They also scheduled my 2nd shot for March 2nd. Pfizer.

21 Likes

UK now vaccinated 95% of 75yr+ population

1 Like

shrug Richest countries get the vaccine first. #capitalism

It’s probably why Moderna cut back on the amount of vaccines allotted to the Czech Republic. Could also be the terrible infrastructure set up for vaccination in this country that’s holding things back.

105,000 people have received the full vaccination in the Czech Republic. That’s almost 1% of the country’s population

That’s about the same percentage as the UK (think we’re less than 1% for two doses). Many EU countries stretching the doses to 6 weeks.

https://twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1359178756519321601?s=21

12 Likes

Kudos to the young woman in front. That deplorable peer pressure must’ve been unbearable.

6 Likes

Kill all the bats!

1 Like

Save the bats, get rid of humanity, IMO.

5 Likes

We are the disease. Covid is just another in a long line of cures the planet keeps trying to eradicate the infection.

7 Likes

ICWUDT

My neighborhood is lousy with bats during the summer. I celebrate their entire catalogue because they eat mosquitos.

I roundhouse kicked a bat in the air one time in a garage. I’ll never be that cool again.

5 Likes

This is why they gave us covid you asshole.

14 Likes

Yup that sure describes my pandemic experience.

EDIT: I just found out the friend that shared this with me made this. She told me to call her my weird friend, but fuck that today the brilliant is way more striking than the weird.

2 Likes