COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Just to be clear I’m not hating on people for getting it at all. I’m just pissed at the turds who decided on these tiers and didn’t include many of the essential manufacturing workers even though they are constantly in high risk situations

3 Likes

I didn’t get the impression you were hating. My intention wasn’t to be insensitive by posting about (possibly, in a month) getting it. I get that this whole thing sucks for everyone, and people like you and keeeeeed and lots of others who are working factory jobs without receiving the financial and… vaccinational… support that you deserve sucks even worse.

2 Likes

I think every person who has a chance to get the shots should do it no matter what their personal situation is. The quicker we go the better for everyone even if the order is a bit fucked up.

9 Likes

Yeah same. Just pissed that the powers that be have fucked these people so much.

1 Like

Whelp she’s confirmed positive and I think I have it too. Three cheers for OFS.

25 Likes

How old is your daughter, of if you don’t want to give that information, what school is she in - elementary, junior high, or high school?

Was your district doing full in person school or 2 day a week hybrid?

Middle school. They were fully remote and went back hybrid for last week (2 days for her in school) and tons of teachers and administrators got pozzed so they were forced back remote this week but it seems like half the town is now suddenly testing positive. (We are very close to the school system so it is likely not half the town but just a bunch of people in the school system and their families all getting pozzed.)

2 Likes

Hope you and the family make it through ok

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s bad though I’m sure she’ll be fine - there’s probably 100 times the risk for her in crossing a road.

Hopefully you’ll be ok too. Do you have a test scheduled?

Tx. Yes me and my wife get tested tomorrow. We all had a runny nose and then me and my daughter felt tired and my daughter feels weak and I had a few days of getting out of breath way too easy. None of us seem to be having any real issues, but I suspect we all have it.

No fevers and 02 all fine so far.

Weird thing is I keep getting hot and cold flashes but my temp is my usual 97ish.

1 Like

I will say it again. If your two primary positions are

1 kids don’t get it/get it less/don’t spread it/schools are safe

AND

2 omg omg omg the new variants are going to kill us

The you should seek professional help. Go back and take some remedial logic classes. Learn how to read scientific papers and understand what the limits of the data are.

1 Like

Who is this directed at?

1 Like

My most cautious co-worker by far, the only one other than me who flatly refused ever to go back into the office anytime soon, got herself and her husband, son, and elderly mother vaccinated today. Legit fucking happy for her, she dealt with so much more shit than me from her superior (mine has been excellent and lets me do whatever) plus she had friends in the hospital. She got doses that were going to be thrown out otherwise.

12 Likes

The usual suspects that post every mutant story with the gloomiest possible interpretation and every OFS story with the rosiest possible interpretation. Should be obvious.

There seem to be two kinds of data, reports, and opinions about OFS and kids transmitting the virus.

One set completely fits with all first principles around disease transmission.

The other requires a miracle of Mother Nature that fits with the experience of pretty much no one that works in the relevant technical field.

As far as the mutant, no one here says not to worry at all. Watch it. But using it as an excuse to do what we should have been doing all along is ridiculous.

Regular covid 1.0 no worries. Covid 2.0. Lock everything down and mask better.

Fuck all. Covid 1.0 has killed 2 million world wide. It’s bad enough that we should be doing a much better job at distancing and masking all along and especially NOW.

2 Likes

old Covid - UK march to December - OFS

Dec’ 20 onwards - superCOVID in the UK - genomic tracked whilst gaining dominance - races through kids - CFS

Not a problem to you guys…yet (can’t fear what you can’t see so OFS I say… new variant becoming dominant in the US now is probably a myth I’m still peddling.

Never will be a problem to Dan who really has no stake in this - tooks weeks to convince him new variant was a potential problem, not just a ‘standard’ mutation, more weeks to sink in that it was more transmissable (55%), now confirmed 30% more deadly to boot and guess what, closing schools looks like a good option.

US has 9 months of lost schooling time…gone…add another 7 months cause new variant and that’s a fair chunk gone (sad)

And lol at Dans 2-3 week lockdowns - froma low base 3 months lockdown (proper lockdown) might work with new variant - just knowing which state will be first is where you should be at

Caveat - all my rantings are deemed speculative and are posted IMHO only

WV is saying everyone over 65 vaccinated by Feb. LA is on pace for late June. CA WOAT.

I’m gonna x-post this in here too. I don’t follow this thread that much, but animosity in this thread bleeds over to other threads on the reg, so it must be pretty bad.

https://twitter.com/JessicaValenti/status/1354872333375336453

5 Likes

Some stuff on the psychology of people taking risks most of wouldn’t during the pandemic, with poker content.

1 Like

Did you get your answer?

2 Likes