COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Hey @Will1530, how are things in Seattle? Especially compared to the prior peak?

Big three North American heads of state:

Amlo > Trudeau > Trump

Arenā€™t the covid curfews counterproductive? Theyā€™re going to force you out at a time when itā€™s more crowded.

Yes, but they are taking action, dammit!

Pretty sure the basic idea is you donā€™t go get drunk somewhere.

Uh, then close the bars rather than everything.

If you just close the bars people go drink somewhere else. If you close everything they donā€™t have anywhere to go drink.

Drinking is really just shorthand for all the socializing people do, which usually involves alcohol. Thereā€™s honestly not much that happens after business hours that isnā€™t relatively unimportant social activity. Whenā€™s the last time you did any essential work at 10:00 PM?

Almost a year in and this is the best we can do lmaoo

Also Iā€™m guessing south side schools that have drywall hanging down from ceilings donā€™t get this

https://twitter.com/ctulocal1/status/1346924214327123970?s=21

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually where theyā€™ll be putting the minority kids that have symptoms.

2 Likes

Tonight. I get out of work at eleven and I usually shop after work. At most there are ten people in the store instead of fifty plus.

In the beginning of this there were no supermarkets opened passed 8pm and it meant i had to go in with the herdsā€¦no tyā€¦

Curfews and cutting store hours do jam people like me into more contacts. At least give essential stores an exemption.

Can you help fund a motel?

My hamster had one of those.

RIP Sergeant Fluffy IV

4 Likes

I called her tonight to see how she was doing and possibly offer to help but she didnā€™t answer the phone.

Its a akward situation but I willing to help her of she needs it. I just donā€™t want my father to know.

2 Likes

ā€™Thereā€™s almost no pattern to it - we just canā€™t sayā€™

Staff in one of Englandā€™s largest hospitals say they are admitting patients in their 20s and 30s to intensive care and it is impossible to predict how any patient will respond to treatment.

St Georgeā€™s Hospital in Tooting, south-west London, has had to vastly expand intensive care capacity and move under-qualified staff to high dependency roles.

Medical registrar Omome Etomi says: "I canā€™t tell you whoā€™s going to be unwell and not, whoā€™s going to improve and go home and whoā€™s going to have a longer stay in ITU,

ā€œI have admitted patients to the intensive care unit in their 20s and 30s, people who have no pre-existing conditions,ā€ he tells the PA news agency. ā€œThereā€™s almost no pattern to it - we just canā€™t say.ā€

1 Like

yeah, going to just go ahead and lol at that fairly dumb comment. Thereā€™s very clear patterns in covid admissions and ICU stays. Iā€™ve admitted an 18 year old to the ICU but thereā€™s still a very clear pattern.

Oh Iā€™m uninformed? Great, so Iā€™m sure you have some data showing young people get admitted at nearly the same rate as old people for this new variant. Can I see it?

Not quite sure how the article I posted implied the above.

Iā€™m sure your peer review report showing that younger people have worse outcomes with superCOVID will show up soon. Same report will probably conclude that underlying issues were less of a factor in worse outcomes with superCOVID.

If thereā€™s a new rule I missed stating any on the spot, busiest hospital in the country reporting must be backed up with data then please link me. I generally trust doctors (UK ones anyway) especially if they go to print. Otherwise, please do not litter the thread ā€˜lolingā€™ at our health care professional reports, thanks

4 Likes

Itā€™s possible that there will be some study showing that the new variant may affect younger people more than the old one.

Thereā€™s almost zero chance that age wonā€™t be a factor in any new covid variant morbidity and mortality.

Thereā€™s obvious patterns in covid admissions. People who are old and sick do worse.

Maybe you should get in touch with Omome Etomi, the medical registrar within St Georgesā€™ Acute Medicine Unit, and tell her how dumb her comment was - their main switchboard number is 020 8672 1255.

3 Likes

mehā€¦ not especially really. Just fluids, take it easy, tylenol for fever

1 Like