COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

The place I’m talking about is in Yucaipa. Unsurprisingly during the BLM protests that is where all the white supremacists gathered with their guns and actually attacked a group of like high school BLM protesters. It was in the news and everything lol.

All these white supremacists are leaving from the " Kopper Kettle Kafe " lmao

https://twitter.com/Jdbarnes2/status/1267666192824590336

1 Like

Everyone at the gas station is wearing a mask, even outside.

The homeowner I went to see was another story. No mask and kept trying to close talk me and she wanted to talk inside. I must have backed up 20’ in total during the conversation. And she’s about 80 years old.

2 Likes

F72. Welcome. Hopefully no worries about the bit of buzz yesterday.

One of the best sources online for Covid info. Crowd sourced and dissected for all to enjoy.

Its just basic WHATABOUTism. It’s a very popular argument style these days.

Yeah I realized that later . I was having a crisis of conscious thinking he was a Republican.

I just saw Tarrant County has gotten 30k doses, Dallas County less than 15k.

I may actually qualify in group 1B where I live, did to health issues.

How about we just move on to the people who want it instead?

4 Likes

Yeah this kind of stuff is annoying the crap out of me.

On paper giving it to front line workers and those who need it make perfect sense. In practice it inhibits the pace of getting the entire population vaccinated.

At least open it up to everyone over 85 or something and start getting them moving. My buddy does maintenance at the KC airport. He’s essential but not that essential.

I guarantee you if they gave enough vials to my university to vaccinate every employee and student, they’d spend 3 months creating an action plan which would take 3 years to implement. They just aren’t wired to move fast at all.

Well, here in France they’ve managed to vaccinate all of about 7,500 people so far. We started later in the EU but in contrast Germany has managed over 250k.

It’s a total shit show, with the minister responsible reduced to going on the TV and announcing that in the ‘coming days’ everyone will be allowed to sign up for an appointment. Why that will help speed things up is anyone’s guess.

But don’t worry, it won’t actually happen. He said, “there will be signups on the internet, no doubt by phone and, why not, on TousAntiCovid [the French contact tracing app].” So clearly he hasn’t the first clue what he’s saying and was probably winging it. I imagine some poor fucker several levels down will get a really annoying email tomorrow morning.

One reason it’s so slow is that it’s required to have a pre-vaccine appointment with a GP where you talk about it and go through your medical history, and then you wait 5 days. Seems fine.

Your university should have started developing an action plan three months before they expect to get doses for employees.

And I should have lost 10 lbs before my trip instead of gaining 5.

3 Likes

TX 36,000 cases
Fl 15,000 cases

New thread title pitch

Covid 19 cases in the south will rise again.

I’m not taking any shots at any states anymore when NYS may look like the UK in a month

I was looking at Tarrant County list and it’s already open to people 65 and over.

I agree at the very least they need to broaden it.

We can’t be waiting for the kid throwing a tantrum at the front of the Santa clause line for 40 minutes. Push them out of the way and move on,

Basically it should be :

A) You are up B!

B) Don wanna

A) Are you sure?

B) Yah

Push them out of the way.

Nobody should be negotiating bribes to get a vaccine at the front of the line.

4 Likes

Tried to beg for spoiling doses/bribe the NP at the doc’s today. People there had gotten Moderna yesterday. Couldn’t get it done though.

MIL and SIL who are both…healthcare adjacent have just gotten the first dose as well.

This is non-NYC NY.

1 Like

My 73 year old father lives in Tarrant County. He signed up on some list and is currently waiting to be contacted for an appointment.

MURICA

MURICA demands we go one level deeper

Google Nest gear? So they are implanting people with tracking equipment.

Supposed to be a srs biz lockdown announced for Quebec tomorrow with maybe curfews and stuff.