COVID-19: Chapter 7 - Brags, Beats, and Variants

Threads are colliding. I saw a news report that two COVID-positive voters showed up at a Georgia polling place today. They have protocols in place for dealing with this. First they cleared out the entire polling place to let the pozzed husband and wife vote. Then they disinfected the polling place before letting voting continue.

Iā€™ve seen people get kicked out of grocery stores for not wearing a mask here in the Chicago area a couple of times

1 Like

I posted the article about it a little up thread. They had all the people in the hospital basically text their friends to come get the extras.

In DC a couple of people had luck with the Safeway

https://twitter.com/marksussman_/status/1346438267550507011?s=21

Fucking Trump supporters. Maybe itā€™ll be in a super Trumper area and cause a bunch of them to go home?

This seems more sensible than mail in voting.

S a few thoughts.

1. Good point.
  2. Lots of other countries manage this well.
  3. Lots of other countries do a terrible job of this.
  4. This would be tough to make work in america.
  5. Why do so many policy debates in the US hinge on the accurate assumption of a incompetent and or malevolent state?

Shots! Shots! Shots! Everybody!

Got my vaccination scheduled for tomorrow afternoon

19 Likes

I called my primary docā€™s office this morning to inquire about the vaccine and they told me to just keep checking the website for updatesā€¦

A few hours later I got an email from them and I got super excited that maybe they had some leftover vaccine somewhere and were letting me know to come in - turns out it was just a survey link on how Iā€™m feeling mentally :(.

Going to call my local pharmacy and see if theyā€™re doing them at all.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not my experience of Japanese companies or mrs jā€™s of working in Germany.

There are still Trump rallies?

Iā€™m definitely taking the over. Even without covid itā€™s a close call.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/jehiahdowdy/status/1346230224472715266

For those not familiar, South Dallas and down through Duncanville and Cedar Hill have a really high African American population. University Parl up through North Dallas are wealthy areas with much lower minority populations.

I am still trying to assess the downtown issue. Itā€™s not really driven by people living there. Must be based on workers being there and/or municipal laziness.

1 Like

Dunno why Iā€™m looking at this but I think I was wrong earlier, the info about exceptions for residents was from an external site and the German government one seems to imply that non-EU nationals who are resident in Germany but who donā€™t have German family to re-join might not be allowed back.

Though for your friend her Irish passport should be enough.

Anyway, Iā€™m stopping this mildly pointless but slightly interesting trawl of German COVID regulations now.

https://twitter.com/JudgeClayJ/status/1346475314214391810

1 Like

I also live in a pretty trumpy area in CA, I assume more Trumpy that Orange County as we had two Republicans in the house election, and all the major places I go into has near 100% mask compliance. Thats grocery stores and pharmacies though. Iā€™m sure itā€™s probably pretty shit at the places the deplorables hang out, where ever the fuck that is. Probably that KKK restaurant.

I believe clay. He is a Republican but he has actually done well for Dallas county throughout the pandemic. Tarrant county can suck it though.

1 Like

My sources say heā€™s a Democrat.

Yea iā€™m talking like small bodegas and non chain gas stations here as my sample size. I also took a peek at the nail salon, the tattoo parlor that is somehow still open and never closed, the bar, and the smog shop that are in the same area and no one is wearing a mask anywhere.

There are multiple massage places with bright OPEN signs on their windows too, somehow I doubt they are masked up.

OC has been a real hotbed for the anti-maskers. I feel very unsafe here lately.

Thanks, I genuinely appreciate that. I know one Upā€™er and maybe you new that I was posting it in good faith.

Anyways, it was a bad post with bad information and Iā€™ve definitely made those before. But yeah, it looks a bit worse after reading it this morning and I wasnā€™t in the right state of mind to be posting last night.

8 Likes

Germans can be very flexible, if the rules allow it.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve always assumed that this was done on purpose. This is a place in the sticks in western Washington. A mile or two before this is a residence covered in confederate flags.

ETA:

2 Likes