COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Natural selection pressure

https://twitter.com/yasscorsets/status/1312956954302730242?s=19

Probably wrong kind of Dr.

1 Like

Who?

Music producer. Producer for Ke$ha and she accused him of rape among other things.

Ah ok. Must have been a nobody. Trump informed just last week that this virus affects practically nobody.

2 Likes

That Dr. Luke news is fake news apparently.

Lolz. My 13 yo was gonna do the exact same thing. He loves reading the Horrible History books.
We cancelled Halloween tho… We’re one of the busiest spots in town on Halloween usually. Wife and I said fk no this year.Lights are gonna be off. He can wear his beak and hat in the house and eat all the candy he wants tho.

The wise governor of Florida has decreed I am going back to work. So now I need to quarantine with extra steps for no reason. WFH was going very well, but it’s over. At least he’ll claim I’m a flat earther for realizing he’s trying to kill my parents.

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Flat-earthers-of-our-day-Florida-governor-15618130.php

Fuck.

2 Likes

Lol “flat earthers”. It’s ALWAYS projection with this crew.

1 Like

So I may be the one who wins the UPer corona lottery. I told you about a week ago my son snuck out to see his boyfriend. My wife and I are both now experiencing the following as of midday yesterday… shortness of breath, muscle aches, headache, 99.6 fever, slight confusion and brain fog, sore throat.

Obviously, other options are possible, but it doesnt look or feel good right now. Not sure when I’ll be able to get to a testing place at this point but if I do I’ll let you know.

30 Likes

If you got it from your son meeting with one other person, you are incredibly unlucky. I’m sorry, that’s awful and I hope you feel better.

Also I think @JordanIB has had it even if he hasn’t confirmed by test. His wife had it and he had symptoms that fit around the same time.

1 Like

So I may have to go through this and I’m not even special?

Damn the luck. Didnt know that about @JordanIB. Hope you are doing better.

2 Likes

Certainly not a lottery I’m looking to win, but yeah, I almost certainly had it back in March or April. I had mild cold-like symptoms (feverish, a little achy, that’s it) for a couple of days in mid-March, followed by a week of being pretty fatigued.

After my week was done, Mrs. JordanIB started her ~4 weeks of difficulty breathing and extreme exhaustion. An anti-body test in June for her later confirmed COVID antibodies. And if my aforementioned episode wasn’t COVID, I can’t imagine I didn’t somehow catch it living with her for those 4 weeks in a small apartment.

The main caveat in my scenario, is I have no test confirming anything, because: 1) LOL getting tested with mild cold symptoms in NYC in mid-March, and 2) LOL USA#1 healthcare where results never came back for two anti-body tests in June.

Given how many people are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic, there must be a whole bunch on UP who have had it. Many just don’t know it.

4 Likes

How is she doing now?

It’s a strange feeling for me to know that if this does end up being COVID I have a greater than average chance of dying from it. I’m only 38 but I am overweight, have high blood pressure, and have been told that I both do and do not have a cardiomyopathy.

So I’d say I’m much closer to the 5% risk than the .5-1% risk

1 Like

All good now, thanks. Ever since the difficult/painful breathing and exhaustion cleared up (which took a solid 4-5 weeks), there haven’t been any lingering symptoms.

2 Likes

Hope you feel better soon and it’s not COVID, but you should definitely get tested. If things do get more severe, it’s one less thing that needs to happen before you start getting COVID treatment.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser/status/1313046638915706880

2 Likes

If you’re really curious, the Red Cross now tests donations for antibodies and notifies you:

I thought there was a very good chance that I had had COVID in February/March when I experienced the worst flu-like symptoms in my life. I donated blood a month or so ago and got a No Antibodies result, so I am probably just a wimp.

1 Like

I always knew excel would end up killing someone.

5 Likes

The government has allocated £10 billion of public money for spending on the much-criticised test and trace system for England, Treasury documents released today have revealed.

The sum, much of it going on contracts with private firms like Serco and G4S, amounts to more than 100 times Public Health England’s £90 million annual budget for infectious diseases and was described as “extraordinary” by a member of the Independent Sage group of scientists.

£10,000,000,000 for an excel spreadsheet? Thanks capitalism!

2 Likes