COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

I see no restaurants serving. I walked by my hair salon and heard voices inside. So there’s some of that. And my gym, which has the advantage of being set behind an empty car dealership and out of sight - is still YOLOing it up afaik. Mask compliance seems very good everywhere. But I’m near the beach where houses cost $1.5M+.

https://twitter.com/nysocialbee/status/1339438457484095493?s=21

1 Like

After being shut up for so long people are desperate for some thing different than the inside of their place. Bonus if that something has a hint of normalcy. I get it. I remember the first time I went to the supermarket in May or June after weeks and weeks of grocery delivery. It was empowering. And I am lucky to have a big house. Being mostly shut up in a tiny apartment in NYC has to be really difficult.

Big shock

4 Likes

Naw I get it’s difficult but NYC has had outdoor dining before this, I don’t think it just started yesterday. I couldn’t imagine having someone serve me outdoors while it is snowing, like pretty sure there will be cold outdoor dining when it’s not snowing outside

I live 40 miles from my dad and can’t see him on Xmas or thanksgiving or any fucking day

Go look back at the VD saga

Not only are you in danger of getting covid you might already have it and spread it around to everyone on the plane

I know it sucks. I know it’s not fake

But it’s one year. Just stay home. Anyone in this thread should know better.

1 Like

Did you take precautions to isolate for the past week after being around a crowd of people, or did you share the possibility of getting sick with others who may be less ok with it?

Either way, just by being there, even before being pozzed, you contributed to the risk of spread and made your community less safe.

And in Florida, no less? I’m looking outside at a foot of snow and you’ve got 60 degree weather, but a small distanced outdoor gathering wasn’t good enough? You had to go to a fucking bar?

No you don’t get to skate with being okay with the possibility of catching it yourself. You increased community spread with reckless, selfish, unnecessary decisions.

Hope you don’t die of it, and I hope you don’t get sick enough to tie up medical resources for those who weren’t out galavanting around to bars and restaurants.

4 Likes

I too hope ViridianDreams feels better soon

6 Likes

My wife is getting the vaccine today

33 Likes

I love how that begins “summoned by Kirk Cameron.” Like he’s some dark magician calling on his army of wraiths to fight the state government.

4 Likes

It is pretty funny that this thread is like 1/2 legit COVID information, 1/4 tweets where we all laugh at the selfish people who are going to holiday gatherings or eating at restaurants, and 1/4 posts from people here who insist that they have good reasons to do those things, though.

11 Likes

Does that last 1/4 also include the inevitable shaming for stuff like an ICU nurse picking up a free coffee at the Starbucks drive thru?

Apparently I want to fight today. Which will inevitably end in me getting all upset and temp-banning myself from the thread for a few days. Maybe I should just skip straight to that part.

1 Like

OK I’ll take my turn in the shaming booth. My boss got us Chipotle for lunch today in lieu of our Christmas Party. I’m fixing to go to the break room even though I know there’ll be like 12 people there. Fuck it, free Chipotle, I’m going in.

1 Like

Pretty sure your paper mill has herd immunity by now anyway.

5 Likes

Thrusting a free coffee at a drive thru on you?

at the very least we have gone partial modified Chipotle herd

Qdoba herd >>> Chipotle herd. Also In N Out and Chik Fil A are overrated and Trump’s IQ was probably over 100 at one point.

2 Likes

where does this one fit in?

Can’t you just go in there wearing a mask, get your food, and bug out to eat elsewhere?

1 Like