COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Dude the take is bad leave it

1 Like

Anyone?

Those 130 then go home and see 130 people whom have seen 130 people

If it’s 130 people living in a glass dome, then maybe herd immunity was reached.

1 Like

Is anyone excited about the mrna vaccines? It’s a revolutionary technology and opens up a route for much faster vaccine development from now on. It’s amazing how much detailed knowledge and high-tech biotech skills are required to make them possible in a laboratory setting, let alone in a large-scale production setting.

My test was positive as expected. I won’t be needing the vaccine anytime soon.

12 Likes

Thought the antigen test was a drop of blood.

Apparently it’s like the PCR test in the Czech Republic

Hooray negative!

Gotta take a PCR test this afternoon to fly home. Don’t get this one for free though :frowning:

3 Likes

The antibodies test is the one that needs a drop of blood. They can detect if you have had the infection in the past.

Antigen tests detect certain proteins of the virus, while the PCR tests detects parts of its RNA. Both require swabs from the nose and the throat.

Antigen tests are faster but they are less sensitive, meaning they potentially yield false negatives at the early stage of an infection.

2 Likes

I saw 3 people on my IG get the vaccine in Oklahoma. A physical therapist, and two nurses I know (neither ICU nurses AFAIK). Seems odd your wife isn’t getting it this week.

This means that excluding the chance of a false negative, I can test negative for an antibody test and test positive on a PCR test a few hours later.

This sounds terrific. How can I help?

2 Likes

If you think I’m arguing to go live it up at the club you’re v wrong. Poor communication on my part most likely.

Yes, exactly.

Gotta take a PCR test. Given how aggressive I’ve been with mask wearing and staying away from my students combined with having no symptoms and regular handwashing, I think I’ll be good.

Would drive me nuts to get covid while a bunch of douchebags at a packed bar in Florida avoid it without wearing a mask or taking any other precautions.

FYI, I tested positive yesterday. Other than going to risky locations, I wore masks and followed the other precautions. I doubt many of the people in Florida going out will be skating by without getting it. Of course, a good many of them will probably lie about it or just not get tested despite having symptoms.

11 Likes

Thanks for making me feel better :angry:

Gotta read a room man. Not being miserable during the holidays hinges on a single test.

One that has a 30 minute wait time. Weird given how few people are here.

At least the antigen test was negative. Barring a false negative or a very recent infection, I’m probably good to go.

2 Likes

Antigen or PCR? Are you symptomatic?

Also, I hate kicking someone when they’re down, but are you the person who was in a crowded patio bar a week or two ago? Do you think that was the pozz event, or were there other risky situations?

Didn’t mean to imply that you were at any kind of serious risk. But I see how my comments about wearing masks could give you that impression. I’m really sorry about that, I’m sure you’re fine.

Unfortunately, I was trying to make you feel better by letting you know that at least one of those douchebags, me, had tested positive. :(

Parallel universe dispatch: there are calls to close state borders before Christmas because of a community transmission cluster centred around the Northern Beaches region of Greater Sydney. That cluster currently numbers 17 cases.

5 Likes

Antigen, I have a mild cough, headache and mild chills. No fever or anything else.

Yep, I’m the one. It probably was the event, but maybe not, I’d been to a couple uncrowded restaurants the previous two evenings.

mRNA is freaking awesome. Not only can we rapidly plug and play for viruses but we can also deliver instructions for cells to make proteins at the source. Lots of disorders are based on a missing or malformed protein.

From 2018

2 Likes

Maybe you got it somewhere else, then gave it to the bartender at the rooftop bar. The possibilities are exponential!

13 Likes