COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Fine dude. I’m not going to fall into the trap of trying to refute every completely unsupported thing you say. You can put some effort and actually support your argument, otherwise it will just be dismissed.

Do you envision markets all over China where people are eating raw bats? That is a tiny fraction of markets in China. Your entire perspective on this comes from an extremely sheltered worldview. Markets where animals and fish are being butchered, parted and sold happen basically everywhere.

1 Like

Spanish Flu which potentially came from Kansas?

3 Likes

No WET MARKETS so no.

They also have a vibrant trade in exotic animals. C’mon man, the WHO and other orgs have been calling China out for years, this isn’t Trumpy xenophobia.

1 Like

What percentage of “wet” markets in China are doing that in your estimation?

In the US just this week we had this:

And I’m sorry but it is Trumpy xenophobia when you label an entire country and their population for a tiny fraction of bad behavior.

5 Likes

yeah i may not be an expert, but i’m a lot closer than you are.

1 Like

For example

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(03)15329-9/fulltext

actually yeah

Since the late 1970s, live-poultry markets have been known to be a source of influenza viruses,

and by the early 1990s in the USA live-poultry markets were recognised as the missing link in the epidemiology of influenza.

1 Like

Can we circle back to you stating China UNLEASHED the virus on us? As near as I can tell China has been cracking down on wet markets. As we all know prohibition never ever works. So let’s try again to articulate how it was UNLEASHED by China Ikes?

Also have you never left the US? Wet markets are a thing even in many European countries.

If you are really that upset about the word unleashed I’ll take it back. How about ‘they acted recklessly for decades despite multiple warnings’? Will that placate you?

Besides making it illegal and cracking down on it,what steps would you think they should have taken?

Yeah I won’t pretend that I know what good regulation would be in freaking Wuhan China. It’s not particularly relevant to this discussion. If you’re going to argue that this problem is unsolvable, you’ll need to show your work. I’ll point to how the rest of the world has made large strides against this issue. You can do some work on your own.

Yeah but I’m not posting 400 times in a day

1 Like

My point is if you are defining wet markets in the traditional way the US is one of the few places in the world that doesn’t have many. And even the US has some. China is not unique. It is worse in lots of other countries.

who, lancet, and many other experts seem to think there’s something special about those wet markets. I’ll take their word for it.

And yet I don’t see them casting aspersions at China. So how do you get from the Lancet study to GYNA UNLEASHED THE VIRUS ON US.

The whole thing you are doing is xenophobia thinly veiled behind studies that tell us what we all know. Wet markets are a risk for disease we all agree. China isn’t unique in having wet markets other than the fact 1 in 5 people on the planet (or maybe a little less) live there. No one in Chinese govenrment is encouraging wet markets.

2 Likes

It’s not clear to me why lunatics in Oklahoma mean the Chinese government should get a pass. That seems like deflection.

Sorry, but the scientific community has been warning about this for ages and it’s not until millions of people got infected with COVID that they finally started to take action.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00499-2

2 Likes

I didn’t give the Chinese government a pass. I said they didn’t unleash the virus on us. They didn’t want the virus anymore than we did and frankly they have done more than most countries to stop it regardless of your viewpoint.

Good god i think China is evil as shit. But this isnt a top 50 reason why.

1 Like