COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

I caved today and told my 2.5 year old niece we could go to a playground. It’s been 7 months since she’s been to one and she asks every time she sees one. I figured going early could be safe, so we went to a huge municipal park that used to have one of those giant wooden playgrounds. It has recently been converted to a modern playground that honestly looked pretty fun, but there were two families there and zero masks so I turned around. Found a small park in a quiet neighborhood that was empty, and scrubbed up real good when we got home. Hopefully faded anything bad. Consensus is now that smear transmission is pretty negligible, right?

8 Likes

Andrej Babis is essentially a marginally smarter, less racist Donald Trump. They’re both billilonaire businessmen who got to their top position without any political experience. They’ve both enriched themselves through scams of varying sizes. They’re both woefully incompetent.

Babis hides it better but every once in a while has a moment where he’s a spitting image of Trump. It’s honestly impressive that we’ve done this well given that the closest experience in healthcare that his Minister of Health has involves being a failed pop star.

2 Likes

You are almost certainly fine. You did the right thing in avoiding the park with people.

2 Likes

It just kills me. Man I wanted to start BJJ class and now I’m the one more likely to bring covid somewhere. People should be avoiding me, not the other way around.

Took me less than 7 months to cave - just have a small bottle of alcohol based sanitizer with you and douse their hands down afterwards. 20+ visits to park here with 3x kids of park age and no covid yet - can’t deny them of a childhood

3 Likes

They have classes for that?

5 Likes

I home schooled in 5th and 6th grade and have mixed feelings about it, pros and cons, best practices, etc. If you or anyone is preparing to have their kids do virtual learning and wants to discuss any aspects of it, it seems like a similar area with some overlapping stuff and I’d be happy to offer any help/advice I can.

The benefits (less rigid curriculum and more ability to specialize and tailor the education to the student’s strengths/weaknesses) may not carry over if it’s basically the same curriculum, but maybe there are things you can do as parents in this regard to foster that. The negatives for me were mostly social - when I went back to school in 7th grade, in hindsight, I was probably behind on that stuff. There were in-person events for home schoolers, but the socialization aspect and the dynamic was drastically different. Obviously that’s an even bigger challenge in this environment.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? Of course. Why wouldn’t they?

Got muay thai, MMA, aikido, taekwondo, krav maga, kung fu and others at other places in the city.

Oh sorry, thought it was a Homer Simpsonesque BYOBB typo

3 Likes

Strangely enough, Cobra Kai has kinds really made me consider starting to take karate

Every time I start, something fucks me up.

Did krav maga for a short while then moved. Did BJJ for a bit (KM school was too far away), moved again. Wanted to do KM here but it’s way too expensive for the English-language course. Covid has thrown a wrench into pretty much any social endeavor I tried to go for.

Sometimes, I just think that I want to get it just to get it out of the way. But then I shake that stupid thought off.

Cobra Kai or Miagi-Do?

1 Like

Son of a bitch, this covid thing seems bad!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1305665212201275396

2 Likes

200k worldometers deaths today. Quite the milestone.

1 Like

LOLL master.

The extra L is for “LOL you dumbass”.

1 Like

New submission technique

1 Like

Ohio has no natural lakes. It sucks.

2 Likes

More details on prior story. We will see what happens. Apparently LSU is a nice test case.

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1305977790185963521?s=21

Just cough on people until they tap out?

Come on now, cobra all the way.