COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

Looks like peak tests.

Same source (Nature) as the poster I was replying to - most of the studies relating to Covid-19 are sadly weak at this early stage. A couple of reputable sources put it out there so I thought I’d pass on, for what it’s worth

The very first thing they teach in Risk Assumption 101 is that you cannot assume Risk for other people, especially if they are uninformed of the Risk.

My little rural county went down to 36 positives today but on only 100 tests. I haven’t heard any stories about testing limits but wtf is going on I wonder.

Because like half the country thought it would just go away on its own by now, so investing in it now heavily would have been a total waste. The rest of us knew we had no means to force it. Bill Gates was all talk. Fuck him for that, by the way.

Yes and no. I mean a sizeable portion of this country got the exact response from the government they wanted, and they’re the ones who voted for them. Democracy worked for them.

“There is no other way, we need to establish herd, and it only comes about allowing the non-high risk groups expose themselves to the virus. PERIOD," then-science adviser Paul Alexander wrote on July 4 to his boss, Health and Human Services assistant secretary for public affairs Michael Caputo, and six other senior officials.

From late May:

He says “the hydroxy” a lot, but I don’t think I’ve heard him call the virus “the corona.” I feel like there are other examples but I’m blanking right now. If that’s a thing, him calling it “the herd” would be a huge indicator that’s the strategy, full stop. (As if it isn’t obvious enough.)

This was definitely the strategy. Disgraceful.

1 Like

I know this is a few days old but all the airline mask bans are essentially indefinitely until at least Covid is over. So I agree it is not likely a lifetime ban.

In the early days of the virus, it was traced to a so-called “wet market” in Wuhan, Hubei province, and it was suggested that this was where it made the leap from animals to humans.

But experts now believe it may simply have been amplified there.

Research suggests that coronaviruses capable of infecting humans may have been circulating undetected in bats for decades.

The whole administration needs to be tried for murder.

1 Like

My patient’s gf is a hospital nurse in ME who takes ICU shifts. He told me today that she is expects the shot within the next 48 hours.

2 Likes

probably setting records today

Yup, much like about 85% of Tennessee politicians, fuck that guy

Sue em. Plain and simple. Fuck all of that noise, give them a nice big wedding present of hundreds of K in debt

1 Like

Holy shit, 36% positive rate? Fucking drudgesiren.gif

It’s been something like 16% up to 25 % for the past several weeks. At 36 percent I assume we’ve gotta be missing a lot of positives. It’s supposed to be at or below 8 percent to stay out of warning territory. I don’t remember when it was ever that low now. Probably September.

I will share a Facebook story. A woman in our health department’s comments section, after trying to say the fatality rate of the virus should be calculated by taking the number of dead and dividing by the entire population of the county, told us her stepfather died of pneumonia, heart problems and blood clots and “of course they claimed Covid on his death certificate.”

I would have told them “and I am delivering the devil to your children too.”

What’s funny is these people say “not tested well enough” without having a clue what that means or how well these vaccines have actually been tested.

2020 has definitely been the year idiocracy became a full fledged reality.

They are certainly required to have a bunch of other vaccines that they have no clue how well tested they were are. It is so amazingly stupid.

Idiocracy should be required viewing for high schoolers.

3 Likes

I think my wife might be a little too cautious. I’m currently isolating in my bedroom after spending 45 minutes in the waiting room at an ophthalmologist earlier today. If I can figure out how to get my PS4 in here, it might not be that bad of a deal …

1 Like

She just has a headache.

5 Likes