COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

NCAAB has started, Illinois beat Ohio U tonight.

It will be interesting to see whether anybody is willing to stop a season or revert to a bubble with teams continuing to get pozzed. Maybe the NBA.

Find me a college football coach who isn’t a douche. You can’t do it.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been fitted for an N95 but it’s hard for me to breath using them when doing heavy labor. I use ones called P95 something something I got from Lowe’s with a cloth mask.

Was thinking about getting one of the fancy ones from the mask thread since cases are going up so much in my county.

Should help cut the risk a little now that the students went home and won’t be back for a few months.

Seriously, how is college basketball going to survive this season?

So, someone posted n95 masks in the mask thread but they don’t seal on my misshapen nose and if I’m wearing my glasses or sunglasses they fog up. I’m not sure it that is the issue or they just don’t seal well. Part of the issue is the ear bands go to each side instead of across the back of the head and the videos show them being able to tighten them by positioning on back of head. Luckily, I don’t go out at all.

2 Likes

You’re supposed to bend the metal piece to fit your nose.

1 Like

Yeah, I do that. It’s not tight enough though. And the bands are each side and just behind the ear instead of back of head. How do I tighten?

Twist the bands so the bottom strap goes above your ear. However, the metal piece or the correct size mask are more important.

There is no bottom strap. Am I speaking English?

They have some legit NIOSH N95s with bottom and top headbands here:

https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks/N95-Respirators/

Ok, twist the elastic strap into this shape :reminder_ribbon: then hook the loop over your ear.

If it doesn’t seal it doesn’t seal. There are a few brands on N95 that don’t fit me correctly. Not much to do except find another brand.

1 Like

Tried that. Still foggy glasses. Unless I triple it up so my ears are turning purple it doesn’t seal.

Then do what @Will1530 said.

1 Like

I don’t have a big head (7 1/4 hat size) so I think those KN95 masks will cause the same issue for others. That’s why I asked and brought it up. I’m luckily fortunate enough to have not gone out really for the last 8 months. That sounds opposite but yup.

Also even properly sealed n95s fog up safety glasses on me. Breathing out puts some positive pressure inside the mask allowing your breath to leak out around the edges.

2 Likes

8 months. Fuck.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest I don’t know how you all isolated yourselves for so long. I had 2 weeks in quarantine due to a work exposure and was going batshit crazy by the end. Serious props to you guys who have taken this seriously.

4 Likes