COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Eh, not really good news. Hospitalizations will lag positive tests by a few days. These 2200 testing positive today wont seek treatment til next week

Don’t go in the summer. Florida sun is nothing to downplay.

And the afternoon thunderstorms in August aren’t that refreshing.

2 Likes

tenor

yea yea people walk up to you and ask you how you make your magic but you’re definitely not a disney person :rofl:

3 Likes

Lot of Disney talk today. Anybody have info on actual attendance numbers today? I know their preview numbers were FAR below what they were hoping. Same issue today now that it’s the weekend and open to all?

Its been on TV for the last few days. CNN just did a whole thing today on disney podcasters and theme park vloggers who… wait for it… say that disney is doing a great job and its safe to visit!

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1281974418370105345

1 Like

We’ve been increasing cases for 6 weeks, a couple days blip in hospitalization has variance written all over it as we are trending up, but drawing out and winning the pot is still winning

Good luck. Remember that there are people who refuse to wear masks while simultaneously arguing that the virus is a bioweapon that was perfected in a Chinese lab in order to destroy the US. So, in their minds it is both a super elite existential threat to society and also something that does not require any mitigation efforts.

2 Likes

I’m seeing a huge trend of “Wait until November and then it won’t be a thing.” Yeah, global issue just to change the US elections. I already had a low tolerance for stupidity but this shit is testing me.

4 Likes

I can scarcely even imagine wanting to go to Disney World if it weren’t just to make some little kids happy.

3 Likes

I’ve heard Disney is limiting park attendance to 25% of capacity at least early on.

They haven’t shared what the actual limit is, but it doesnt matter, way less than whatever their theoretical limit was are actually showing up. They had a “park reservation system” set up where you had to reserve the park way in advance, but now they are literally selling tickets and the ticket-booths at the front of the park, so clearly whatever limit they set, they aren’t anywhere near it.

That’s pretty much exactly what the Czech Republic did. They aggressively enforced a 2+ month lockdown and bailed out a bunch of businesses (small and large) and self-employed people.

CR is gonna suffer economically for the next couple of years (projected GDP decrease of about 10% this year) but it will bounce back.

1 Like

Disney is “limiting” attendance the same way as Trump’s rallies.

2 Likes

Gaston’s ROM on those pushups are shit. None count. Challenger clear winner.

7 Likes
3 Likes

uh yeah, this looks really fun right now…

1 Like

In case it needs to be said I’ve never gone without kids. Taking three kids to Disneyland for the day and spending maybe $50 total when it would’ve cost 10 times that without the pass makes me happy.

7 Likes

Agree! The only way he will change is if we go at least four times a year to give him a form check.

From an acquaintance who is in the industry and has been to WDW twice this week, here is what he told me:

Starting at 10% capacity, they expected 11k on Thursday and only had 3k show up. Slowly increasing to 25% capacity. Mask compliance was ~100% as was distancing.

I’m sure it’s cool to be there when it’s this empty, but no way in hell I’d be going to a park right now, especially in Florida.

3 Likes