COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

And things get worst

AZ pushing 7/1000 known contagious using my 14 day positive sum measure. Given the testing delays, the low actual end is probably 20/1000. That’s right folks, 1 out of every 50 people in Arizona is contagious. At least.

Shooting up fast
Roll Carona(AL), tOC(CA), Disney(FL), Kempistan(GA), SpudsMckenzie(ID), Rock Covid(KS), Ceauvid(LA), Wokassippi(MS), Whathappenstheregoeseverywhere(NV), Graham-stain(SC)*, InternetOrigin(TN), Wehaveaproblem(TX), Mormavirus(UT)

*a little microbiology humor

6 Likes

Idk whaf we project Trumps equity to be in 2020, but Hillary would have been a one term president in the midst of a pandemic. Roy Moore could have beaten her.

2 Likes

wow 82 campers and staff. It’s like looking into the future when kids go back to school.

1 Like

Redacted for privacy.

2 Likes

I have a sinking feeling we’re about to demonstrate how fast you can rip this thing through 70-80% of the population and find out if herd immunity is a thing. I assume Ducey is picking a location outside the cities to start digging a really big ditch?

I doubt anything short of stinking bodies in the streets will shut red, or at least red south down. That would be admitting their mistakes and s a big GOP NONO, now more than ever.

There will always be a scapegoat. For example in Myrtle Beach, which is extremely dependent on vacationers and service industry driven, the goons are blaming it n Yankees bringing it down. They are convinced that reopening would have been fine if we kept the people from the worst states out.

1 Like

None of your common colds you got months ago was COVID. JFC I hear enough of this inane minimizing bullshit from the right wing idiots.

6 Likes

I asked this before, but no answer…if there is limited immunity from having contracted and recovered is it likely that a vaccine will do any better?

@microbet, if I remember the recent vaccine reports that have come out, they have said that they’re creating more antibodies than what recovered folks end up with.

Hopefully that translates into a successful vaccine.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read, the immunity you get from getting COVID won’t necessarily resemble the immunity you get from a vaccine, which is designed to hopefully maximize your immune response.

1 Like

For someone who knows more about the virus then me please help me out.

If on Tuesday someone who tested positive comes into contact with person A and later that day person B comes into contact with person A, should we consider person B to be exposed?

This is a worry of mine as well. It also lays bare how bad of a plan it is to just let it run wild right now.

That same day? No chance person A is contagious the same day he is exposed.

3 Likes

Can u do Horry County SC?

You mean the Grand Canyon?

1 Like

Arizona has fairly straight borders, shouldn’t be too hard to fence off.

I think today’s speculation was about a common cold type coronovirus conferring some Tcell based immunity based on cross antigen immunity per the report.

I don’t think anyone itt Really thinks they had Covid-19 prior to known spread.

1 Like

The assumption is that vaccine makers know how to get longer lived immunity. At least thems the claims.

Cuse?

I’m not doing county stuff. Sanity.

Thanks. My friend is worried they were exposed.

Cuse, I do agree Trump cares 0% for anyone besides himself, I meant in order to get relected he decided to put all his eggs in the economy basket and doing a good job against covid would require to hurt the economy a little so that wqs not an option for him. If he thought that far in advance at all.

1 Like