COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

9 hours

Got it. Even my FoxNews-watching family is taking this thing seriously. It’s not just FoxNews all by itself.

Minneapolis area had some when I was growing up in the 90s/early 00s, i think we still have a few. The one by my house had a buffet during lunch and dinner hours, we’d smoke a bunch of shitty weed during our open lunch period and cram 4000 calories worth of pizza in our mouths, was pretty fun. They also had a desert pizza that was amazing

I’m waiting for the, “well, since kids are less infectious than adults, we should actually have bigger classes taught by the young teachers and the older teachers can teach the zooms” plan.

1 Like

Went all the time when I was a kid. Super popular spot after swim meets. Haven’t seen one in ages, though.

Passing along rumors from reporters to own the ponies. I like.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1288604529701904384?s=20

Now everyone will get on board. 150k people who cares. Buddy? NFW my fifi could get sick. Everyone wear a mask and stay home until there are dog vaccines.

(At Salem Mass they say people are more upset they killed a couple of dog witches vs several people witches).

4 Likes

I went to a “Quest” outlet today for a routine blood test in preparation for a routine physical next week. Seems like they’re a bit strapped for people.

There were different protocols in place because of the pandemic. I had to make an appointment instead of just walking in and waiting. I could sign in remotely through my phone and could wait in my car until they texted me to come in. There was a screener at the door. When I got in, there was nobody in the waiting room. They directed me to the check in area. But there was no one there. After a minute or so, a nurse came in to check me in. She told me to go to a room around the corner, which I did. There was no one there. Then the same lady that checked me in came in the room and drew my blood. For real.

Today’s cheerful news from around the world:

• Spain recorded its highest daily increase in the number of coronavirus cases since lockdown was lifted on 21 June. On Thursday, 1,229 new infections were reported, topping 1,000 for the second day in a row.

• Florida recorded a record daily rise in Covid-19 deaths for the third day in a row, bringing the death toll to 6,709, the eighth highest in the United States. Florida also reported 9,956 new cases, bringing its total infections to over 461,000, the second highest in the US behind California.

• Japan recorded a record high for new cases for the second day in a row. At least 1,274 cases were reported on Thursday, including a record 367 in Tokyo, where officials are considering issuing its own version of a state of emergency depending on the number of cases in the coming days.

• The UK had the highest level of excess deaths in Europe during the pandemic, according to the Office for National Statistics. Around 65,000 more people than usual have died from all causes across the United Kingdom so far this year, the highest total in Europe, with numbers in England noticeably higher than the other four nations.

• The US economy suffered its worst quarter since the second world war as GDP shrunk by 32.9% . The government figures, revealed on Thursday, showed more signs of the pandemic’s heavy toll on the country’s economy.

• Libya’s internationally recognised government in Tripoli will impose a full lockdown in areas of the country it controls following a sharp rise in coronavirus cases.

• France ruled out a “catastrophic” second national lockdown despite a rise in coronavirus infections. The prime minister Jean Castex said the priority was still prevention, as a second national lockdown would be catastrophic, both socially and economically.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1288894170577408001?s=19

1 Like

All 12 of them.

2 Likes

I think saw pictures from the 1918 pandemic with pets wearing masks.

https://twitter.com/TheStefanSmith/status/1288844582592172033?s=20

12 Likes

Got an email from my gym in Toronto, they’re thinking about opening Aug 15. Go go second wave.

Santa clara county.
Tested on 7/21
Asymptomatic.
Negative result 7/29…

10 Likes

I trust the source. I’m a nobody but I have some important friends.

1 Like

I wouldn’t doubt it. Dogs were heroes during WW1. At home and on the frontlines.

Ive been told to limit testing due to shortages.

Dogs are heroes every minute of every day and always have been.

4 Likes