COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Yeah, more young people need to understand that sure, your odds of dying are low, but even if you don’t die, there’s a chance you get hit with a debilitating disease that causes permanent lung damage and who knows whatever all else, you’re miserable for potentially months if not the rest of your life, there’s almost nothing anyone can do to make it better for you, there’s almost nothing you can do, once infected, to assure you’ll be in the minimally affected pool rather than the rekt pool, and you don’t know in advance how it’s going to affect you.

12 Likes

And as I write this, my neighbors behind my house are having was sounds like a pretty massive house party, 20+ people yucking it up in their backyard. I don’t really interact with these people, but I’m sure not happy about a pozz party going on within literal spitting distance of my backyard.

5 Likes

“Yeah but the odds of that are so small, it is probably more likely I die in a car crash, and nobody says you should stop driving. You can never get the risk of anything down to zero, so at what point does the risk become low enough to get back out there?“

-Pretty much every one of my otherwise quite liberal friends

1 Like

Doctors know what to do with car crash victims! You actually do have control in your car!

2 Likes

When you crash in a car, you don’t unknowingly also run over every friend, colleague, and family member you’ve seen for a week beforehand.

9 Likes

Otoh, driving actually is really dangerous and we should try to avoid it, too, when feasible.

Crazy, I know.

2 Likes

What if it was a highway during rush hour and your crash caused a massive pileup killing all those people?

People with no antibodies generally seems to come out about 30-40% of infections. They usually have mild symptoms or no symptoms. People with antibodies can also have mild symptoms. So whatever theory you have should incorporate that.

NYC would have to have like 4x less IFR than seen anywhere else for 80% of the city to have gotten covid (current studies seem to show about 20% of the city got it).

Also it seems like the long term damage, weird symptoms, chronic fatigue thing actually skews young - unlike death which strongly skews old.

I see your pile up and raise you an economic reconfiguration that destabilizes the current power structure.

i think those things would skew old but you know, they die first

https://twitter.com/nresearchnews/status/1279981148500832256?s=20

1 Like

Wife said this exact sentence today

Im trying to determine when to lock my two step kids back down 18-20

Both have online classes. One works at five guys.

We have been letting them have a friend over and hang out in the back yard and or walk around the sub

We are in MI cases are still not bad

But it’s creeping up.

She wants to know what number of cases per day to have us shut down again

500?

800?

1500?

3000?

9000?

I said now because once kids go back to school we are all gonna have state graphs that look like /

I was in Kansas earlier and had just finished listening to a Brene Brown podcast on how me using shame as a weapon corrodes the other person’s capacity for meaningful change.

I went into a gas station. Virtually everyone inside was wearing a mask. Hell yes. But then as I exited, I passed a man and woman walking together and not wearing masks.

I said, “Oh shit! Pandemic on legs.”

I’m sorry, Brene. I’m only human.

15 Likes

7 Likes

Scary ass shit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaniOliver/status/1279155358666305541

3 Likes

wow I’m frankly a complete asshole and I’m not sure I’d have it in me to mask shame someone publically.

2 Likes

Might as well post it here. Judge Jeanine is a nutjob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1280001974956511233

5 Likes

Lol the replies are like from another dimension

4 Likes

“I’m sure u have a god dam good reason for wanting your grandparents dead” is a good one too.