COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

What’s to investigate?

3 Likes

I notice that rounding up and having Kroger donate to charity is not an option.

3 Likes

What kind of PR spin they can come out with that won’t anger republicans, so they can get some more sweet bailout money, and partially appease the normal customers?

1 Like

This been posted yet?

Sample size of 39 kids in Switzerland…

This is the only part I might not agree with. Too many people with too much money call SoCal home, too much economic activity is done there, we would manage to rebuild and be back in a decent situation in under 10 years imo.

Like a lot of us might also see the few years after that as a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a home in SoCal for a bargain price.

That estimate was based on the earthquake happening on a weekday in the fall or winter, I think. If it happened in the summer on a weekend it would be low six figures killed (because anybody on the beach when it happens who survives the earthquake is basically drawing dead to the tsunami).

The first sentence says it all

“ Schools Can Reopen in Fall, They Say, If Safety Guidelines Are Observed and Community Transmission Is Low”

lol at having low community transmission anywhere in the US this fall

This… doesn’t make any sense?

(unless you, the customer, are the charity that Kroger is donating to?)

2 Likes

Following protocol. Lol.

Oops, duh. Rounding up and having Kroger donate to charity. I’ll fix that lol. Or rounding up and splitting it, even.

Whether or not they can get away with ignoring it.

3 Likes

Cruz said it was because he was drinking coffee.

From a daily Missouri update posted on Chiefsplanet:

I was able to identify 789 cases from 68 jurisdictions (all-time high) and 11 deaths today.

Warrensburg High School sent correspondence out to parents of student-athletes notifying them that they would be stopping their strength and conditioning program due to multiple students in multiple programs testing positive for COVID-19. Additionally, high schools in Clinton, Hannibal, Macon have followed suit.

[Deaths]

• St. Louis County added 6 deaths today.
  • St. Charles County added 2 deaths today.
  • Lawrence County added 1 death today, per the DHSS report.
  • Perry County added 1 death today.
  • St. Louis City added 1 death today.

[Cases]

Undeniably, 789 cases is a lot to add on any given day. But what’s particularly concerning about today, is that only 225 of these cases were from St. Louis County, St. Louis City, Kansas City, and St. Charles county, meaning that about 70% of the cases came from outside of those jurisdictions.

• Half of Boone County’s total cases are age 24 and under, including 59 cases from ages 0-14.

• Clay County’s rate of positivity among PCR tests is currently the highest it has been since 04/24.

• Greene County added about 10% of their total cases today alone. They provided updated numbers over the weekend, so this isn’t just holdover.

• In Johnson County, where they are doubling their overall cases at a pretty good clip, the 20-24 age demographic represents about 20% of all cases.

• 8-day delays are still a thing in at least two portions of the state.

• Livingston County is reporting 25 cases now, as opposed to 27. They had 4 inmates who were previously counted in their number, and have added two new cases, which explains the math there. Their health department is deferring cases of inmates within the DOC to the DOC COVID-19 information page.

1 Like

My wife’s schoolboard agrees to delay the start for 2 weeks (August 14th) not sure of any reason to do that unless it’s to buy time to prepare remote learning.

1 Like

I mean, not great and all, but you can cure the plague with antibiotics.

1 Like

My girlfriend’s school board is pushing theirs from 8-10 to 8-24 as well. The school board also said several things like they’re completely expecting to be strictly online. I listened to most of the meeting and it helped remove a ton of stress for me.

2 Likes

After deciding and feeling pretty good about homeschooling, my wife had a slight freak out last night. I think the idea of explaining to her mom that we are choosing to home school our child outdoors, socially distanced from two other kids, with masks on really sunk in. Are we the baddies? She’s almost on team Leave the Country. :(

2 Likes

Rounding up and having Kroger donate to charity also doesn’t make sense? Unless you mean they’re going to match your donation?

Sweet summer child… Bless your heart… Etc etc etc

1 Like

You see stories about Bubonic Plague pretty regularly - at least in the West.

Cases 1970-2018

Cases and deaths by year

3 Likes